AL Central 2010

Is there enough time to take best record overall ?
They are a game back, but jumping back and forth with the yanks and Rays the rest of the way.

Twins behind by a game
Yankees dont play tonight

Yanks play Bosox for 3
Tampa plays at KC for 4
Twins play Jays home for 4

Tampa has the advantage over both teams so the Twins have to finish ahead of either to take 1st place

can the Twins do it? sure....sweep and hope KC helps
I have a feeling the Twins will tie whoever is in 1st in the east and will end up with the 2 seed anyways

Twins behind by a game
Yankees dont play tonight

Yanks play Bosox for 3
Tampa plays at KC for 4
Twins play Jays home for 4

Tampa has the advantage over both teams so the Twins have to finish ahead of either to take 1st place

can the Twins do it? sure....sweep and hope KC helps
I have a feeling the Twins will tie whoever is in 1st in the east and will end up with the 2 seed anyways

Sure would be nice to have HFA thruout though.

Tigers rained out, will play two tomorrow ....

Rinse and repeat, they did the same thing the last two days.
Probably the same storm, went from Cleveland to Baltimore.

Twins pull one out in the bottom of the Ninth 5-4.

Not sure if anyone saw but Eric Gregg tried to give the game to the Jays. Morales was walked on a full count, however, all 6 pitches were out of the strike zone. You would swear Eric Gregg wanted to get out of there.

Congrats to the Twins! and 3,000 posts later it looks like we have some serious AL Central fans. Hopefully in the ofseason Tigers can do some retooling with the money they have coming off the books and move on from some players

so it looks like Twins wont get HFA throughout....Tampa and NY are a game ahead and both have the advantage over the Twins

so its down to this for the Twins
-both NY & TB win, both lose or TB wins NY loses....Twins face Yankees 1st round
-TB loses NY wins...Twins play Tampa in 1st round (this is the only way the Twins can face Tampa in 1st round)

First moves for the Tigers as they wrap up the season: Very quick which is good, not sure about the Inge thing

A major mystery of the Tigers' upcoming off-season may already have been solved. They want Brandon Inge back as their third baseman.

General manager Dave Dombrowski said Sunday that he's discussed a multi-year contract with Inge and that he's hopeful of bringing him back

From The Detroit News: Tigers want Brandon Inge back, won't pick up Magglio Ordonez's option | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Also looks like Phil Coke, who started today, will be a starter next season. So here are your starters: Verlander, Scherzer, Porcello, Cooke and they Mystery man at number 5??

Last edited:
First moves for the Tigers as they wrap up the season: Very quick which is good, not sure about the Inge thing

A major mystery of the Tigers' upcoming off-season may already have been solved. They want Brandon Inge back as their third baseman.

General manager Dave Dombrowski said Sunday that he's discussed a multi-year contract with Inge and that he's hopeful of bringing him back

From The Detroit News: Tigers want Brandon Inge back, won't pick up Magglio Ordonez's option | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Also looks like Phil Coke, who started today, will be a starter next season. So here are your starters: Verlander, Scherzer, Porcello, Cooke and they Mystery man at number 5??

I don't mind having Inge back, even with his boat anchor of a BA, as long as they make improvements elsewhere, they can have 1 anchor in the batting lineup, but not 4.

Laird will be elsewhere, thanks goes to him for doing a good job with the pitching staff and being able to throw people out.

For now, Peralta will be the Shortstop, unless they find a bonifide SS out there.

They have holes all over they need to fill.... somehow.

Ordonez will more than likely be back, I hope, it was a no brainer for them to NOT pick up the option, it was for 18M, they will try to bring him back at around 12-15M

I don't mind having Inge back, even with his boat anchor of a BA, as long as they make improvements elsewhere, they can have 1 anchor in the batting lineup, but not 4.

Laird will be elsewhere, thanks goes to him for doing a good job with the pitching staff and being able to throw people out.

For now, Peralta will be the Shortstop, unless they find a bonifide SS out there.

They have holes all over they need to fill.... somehow.

Ordonez will more than likely be back, I hope, it was a no brainer for them to NOT pick up the option, it was for 18M, they will try to bring him back at around 12-15M

How is the Tigers farm system? From my view as Twins fans they have a lot of needs. I am not sold on Leyland as the solution at Manger.

The Twins will have some challenges next year because of Salary Demands. They will likely not allow the payroll to roll any further over $100 Million.

How is the Tigers farm system? From my view as Twins fans they have a lot of needs. I am not sold on Leyland as the solution at Manger.

The Twins will have some challenges next year because of Salary Demands. They will likely not allow the payroll to roll any further over $100 Million.

The Tigers farm system is up in the majors, or at least alot of it.

They do have some bonifide starters waiting, well at least they say they are bonifide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)