AL Central 2010

As much as a Sox fan I dislike the Twins (other than Thome), I really hate the Yankees and want the Twins to Take that Series. Hope the Rays beat the Rangers. Rays/Twins would be a good ALCS.

NL, Have to root for the Braves and would like to see the Reds upset the Phillies.

As much as a Sox fan I dislike the Twins (other than Thome), I really hate the Yankees and want the Twins to Take that Series. Hope the Rays beat the Rangers. Rays/Twins would be a good ALCS.

NL, Have to root for the Braves and would like to see the Reds upset the Phillies.

I would really like to see a Ray's Twins ALCS.
I will root for the Twins to win it all .... hopefully .
They ned to turn that light switch on, because the last week of the season was pretty bad... of course they had nothing to play for either.

In the NL, I'll root for the Reds ... been a Reds fan from WAY back, 70's were talking.
Really mostly concentrate on the AL now.

Minnesota 94 68 .580
Chicago Sox 88 74 .543
Detroit 81 81 .500 13

He's the skippers and the proof is in the pudding. There is no way this team should be .500 with their talent. I like Leyland, but it's time for new leadership and a new direction for the ballclub.

Sorry, time for a new team for him to manage.
Maybe one that can HIT and field. :D

Can always pray :angel:

Now that Mr. I will be spending money on the Pistons, wonder whats going to happen with the Tigers and Wings when they need players ?

Sorry, time for a new team for him to manage.
Maybe one that can HIT and field. :D

Can always pray :angel:

Now that Mr. I will be spending money on the Pistons, wonder whats going to happen with the Tigers and Wings when they need players ?
I agree they need to spend the money on better players...but this team should have done better - much better.

If I were Ilitch, I would dump the Pistons deal and focus on the Wings and Tigers.

Minnesota 94 68 .580
Chicago Sox 88 74 .543
Detroit 81 81 .500 13

He's the skippers and the proof is in the pudding. There is no way this team should be .500 with their talent. I like Leyland, but it's time for new leadership and a new direction for the ballclub.

Talent? 4 or 5 rookies in the line up on a nightly basis. Ordonez goes down, Guillen goes down, Inge misses a few.....Bosch losses the ability to hit after the all star game, no hitting from the catchers, Zumaya hurt again, I could go on forever here. Leyland only manages, he doesn't play. Given the lack of bonafide talent this team has, I would call .500 a miracle. Now if you are questioning his game decisions, please be specific. i thought he handled the pitching staff well, but he was handcuffed by a lack of a good pinch hitter off the bench.

What we need here is two hitters to sandwich around Cabrera, a pinch hitter for the bench, and another middle reliever to replace Coke if he goes to the starting rotation.
They seem to be set on Inge and Avila, and Peralta. They will probably go shopping for another starter for the rotation. See that they want to re-sign Inge, I guess Adrian Beltre is out of the hunt. I don't see them out-bidding the Yankee's or the Angels for Carl Crawford either.

That being said, I think Dombrowski isn't showing his hole cards here. I still expect another shocking trade this winter. (Nice job last winter JIm.) Or he may still surprise me with a free agent. I'll admit I don't know who all will be available.

Please keep in mind that the Tigers were not expected to contend this past season, they are still retooling here. Subtract all those horrific injuries, and maybe, we could have made this closer. Still no cigar. The Twins were the best team in baseball after the break.

Talent? 4 or 5 rookies in the line up on a nightly basis. Ordonez goes down, Guillen goes down, Inge misses a few.....Bosch losses the ability to hit after the all star game, no hitting from the catchers, Zumaya hurt again, I could go on forever here. Leyland only manages, he doesn't play. Given the lack of bonafide talent this team has, I would call .500 a miracle. Now if you are questioning his game decisions, please be specific. i thought he handled the pitching staff well, but he was handcuffed by a lack of a good pinch hitter off the bench.

What we need here is two hitters to sandwich around Cabrera, a pinch hitter for the bench, and another middle reliever to replace Coke if he goes to the starting rotation.
They seem to be set on Inge and Avila, and Peralta. They will probably go shopping for another starter for the rotation. See that they want to re-sign Inge, I guess Adrian Beltre is out of the hunt. I don't see them out-bidding the Yankee's or the Angels for Carl Crawford either.

That being said, I think Dombrowski isn't showing his hole cards here. I still expect another shocking trade this winter. (Nice job last winter JIm.) Or he may still surprise me with a free agent. I'll admit I don't know who all will be available.

Please keep in mind that the Tigers were not expected to contend this past season, they are still retooling here. Subtract all those horrific injuries, and maybe, we could have made this closer. Still no cigar. The Twins were the best team in baseball after the break.

I agree, when the Granderson deal went down last winter and we were getting a rookie that had never played in the Majors and he was gonna Start in cavernous Comerica AND LEAD OFF ...... and we didn't get a bonifide SS or Catcher, I thought .500 was a dream.
Then some of the kids played well, some didn't, Sizemore major disappointment in the begining, he was overwhelmed as he played much better at the back half of the year.

I would Still be looking for a bonifide SS and have Peralta off the bench or trade him as part of a deal for the SS.

So far we have WAY too many holes on offense, if they start Inge and Avillia and 2b, Sizemore ??? that strikes fear into any pitcher with a ferocious 7,8,9 hitters.

Man that was frustrating. There's a chance that the 2-2 call to Berkman has no real bearing on the game or series, and maybe (;)) I'm too close to be objective, but I haven't liked the Yankee's strike zone either night.

Hoping for a little wake up by the Twins on Saturday.

Congrats to the Twins for making the playoffs...just didn't come ready to play against the Yankees. See everyone back here in the Spring. Hopefully, the Tigers will make some difficult and much needed changes over the coming months.

Congrats to the Twins for making the playoffs...just didn't come ready to play against the Yankees. See everyone back here in the Spring. Hopefully, the Tigers will make some difficult and much needed changes over the coming months.

Gotta love the Tigers fan that are jealous of a team that can win. Congrats on your two playoff berths since 1984. That same Twins team you don't like has more accomplishments on a much lower payroll. Atleast the Twins have two world titles in the last 30 years.

Gotta love the Tigers fan that are jealous of a team that can win. Congrats on your two playoff berths since 1984. That same Twins team you don't like has more accomplishments on a much lower payroll. Atleast the Twins have two world titles in the last 30 years.

Yippie, Twins have 2 titles, the Tigers have 1, whats your point.

I don't get it...I say congrats and you sling major league epithets.:confused: Regardless, congrats to the Twins on a fine season and good luck next year. The same goes for all the White Sox, Indians and Royals fans too. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)