ALL VOOM TO GO MPEG4 AUGUST 15th

Just like analog tv will be it's gone but not forgotten. You can't get HD without an AT package now.

That isn't true. I'm getting the HDPack + Voom without an AT package. They told me that my voom subscription will be going away, even though I have an MPEG4 receiver. They did not tell me that my $10 HDPack will be going away.

Has anyone else out there tried negociating with these guys? There were a few people on this thread in similar situations as me. Have any of you tried talking with Dish since this issue came up??

the old hd pack is not going away. But there is no hd only pack to get all the current hd channels, which appears to be what the question was

Has anyone seen any resolution for this? Maybe it is time to drop dish and switch to an HTPC. $33/mo for the HD Pack just doesn't seem worth it when compared to no money per month for a MythTV DVR.

Mythtv is good but you have to be a techie or its not worth it. If your not get a HD tivo.

That isn't true. I'm getting the HDPack + Voom without an AT package. They told me that my voom subscription will be going away, even though I have an MPEG4 receiver. They did not tell me that my $10 HDPack will be going away.

If they cut off the $5 voom subs it stands to reason they will cut the $10 pack off when they convert the channels to mpeg4.

Has anyone else out there tried negociating with these guys? There were a few people on this thread in similar situations as me. Have any of you tried talking with Dish since this issue came up??

Sorry I should have been clearer, you can't sign up for HD now without an AT package. Those who have the cheaper HD package will have it for a while longer. As someone else posted, until mpeg2 HD goes away.

Is Voom going to be on D* soon, I only ask because today at BestBuy they were showing Voom content on all the flat panel tvs wall, then they go on to say get more HD content like this on D* 150HD channels coming soon. They had WorldsportHD and Equator HD clip in that demo, too bad I didn't have my mobile with me would of recorded a video clip.

and having to pay lease fees when I already owned my equipment

u will still have to pay 6.00 a month to carry a 2nd receiver on the account(since it is an hd unit) and don't forget the phone line fees........

Is Voom going to be on D* soon, I only ask because today at BestBuy they were showing Voom content on all the flat panel tvs wall, then they go on to say get more HD content like this on D* 150HD channels coming soon.
DIRECTV (and their fanboys) rarely miss an opportunity to disparage VOOM. That being said, it is fairly likely that they will bring VOOM in at some point. Given that a couple of US cable companies are now carrying VOOM, the pressure is on DIRECTV to follow suit as it is a real easy way to pick up 15 full-time HD channels in one trip.

I point out that there was never a promise for 150 national HD channels "soon" from DIRECTV. What they promised was the capacity for 150 (or more) nation HD channels and that is planned to be in place by this time next year. In the short term, they hope to reach 100 national HD channels by the end of this year.

Looks like 20%:

Earlier this year Cablevision — after a huge battle between the elder Dolan and his son, Cablevision CEO James Dolan — sold its Rainbow 1 satellite to EchoStar Communications Corp. for $200 million and shut down the DBS service. The Voom HD networks were saved, though, because EchoStar received a 20% stake in the channels and agreed to offer them on its Dish Network DBS platform under a 15-year carriage deal.

Voom Pitches HD Nets: Will Distributors Bite? - 8/22/2005 - Multichannel News

Thanks so much for the phone number. :)

I have one owned 942, boring I know, and I was offered the $100 rebate for the VIP622 (to $49 net cost) and the $10 credit for 10 months. I have the legacy HD pack and never had VOOM, so I am very happy with the offer.

I have been with DISH for about 10 years.

Can ya really call it a loss :D

I subed to Voom when they were owned by Voom, and quickly determined it was a waste of money. Too bad for the folks that do enjoy these networks though, I'd be ticked if they did that to NGHD or DISC.

I've had my 622 so long I forgot about this. The 622 is worth it for all the additional programming and quality HD. Only problems I've had with 622 is conflict between dish cable and OTA cable. It CAN cause system to reboot frequently. Since DISH carries locals now you might need to disconnect the OTA.

Ok, I was checking out all the DishHD channels last night and almost all of them looked much better than they did a couple weeks ago...before I went on vacation. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has noticed an improvement?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)