Analyst Predicts Dish, T-Mobile & Amazon Super Union

Look, I liked Charlie back in the day when DISH was on the way up like the 90s and early 2000s,but after seeing potential partnerships fail over and over ,because of Charlie and his winning ways, I am not keen on him any longer.
And how do you know that these partnerships would have been better than what Dish is now?

Think Sprint and Nextel or AOL and Time Warner or MySpace and News Corp or Microsoft and Nokia or Google and Motorola or.... should I go on?

Look, I liked Charlie back in the day when DISH was on the way up like the 90s and early 2000s,but after seeing potential partnerships fail over and over ,because of Charlie and his winning ways, I am not keen on him any longer. He is standing in the way of DISH doing something really good for not only the company ,but the subs who use DISH, because of his ego. He has to run it and it has to be his way or the highway. When you run things like that ,you are left pretty much alone with little to no one to work with and that is DISH today. I would love to see a three way with all three companies, especially since I use all three in my day to day life ,but I say again if history is any indicator or predictor of behavior , he will once again screw the pooch and piss off the potential partners because of his negotiation tactics. Watch me be right on this one.

And, yet, here we are 20 years later and you still find DISH to be the best value for your money.

IF Charlie sells DISH , then it might work ,but if he wants to stay in control then it won't succeed. He is terrible in negotiations and he has a long history of failed partnerships along the way that ended badly.

If Charlie is anywhere within the top 500 wealthiest people in the world, he did more things right than wrong.

Reactions: navychop
And how do you know that these partnerships would have been better than what Dish is now?

Think Sprint and Nextel or AOL and Time Warner or MySpace and News Corp or Microsoft and Nokia or Google and Motorola or.... should I go on?
News Corp and Microsoft I think were DISH Network failures at partnerships.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

How do you know they wouldn't of been better?

And, yet, here we are 20 years later and you still find DISH to be the best value for your money.
I never said anything about DISH as a company. I said CHARLIE ERGEN has an ego problem and his negotiation tactics often prevent any partnerships with DISH from being successful. If you feel you need to worship Charlie get a room somewhere. This is about his ego and his past behavior as a predictor of future actions that I am talking about.

Reactions: dishdude
I never said anything about DISH as a company. I said CHARLIE ERGEN has an ego problem and his negotiation tactics often prevent any partnerships with DISH from being successful. If you feel you need to worship Charlie get a room somewhere. This is about his ego and his past behavior as a predictor of future actions that I am talking about.

No need to be ugly toward me. I worship no one. I go where my money buys the best pop for the dollar.

I simply made the point that his past behavior has produced the product which you have chosen as your provider for 20 years. You bash his ego and his methods, yet obviously think he offers the best value in the market. I'm just saying your actions speak a lot louder than your words.

How do you know they wouldn't of been better?
I don't, just as you don't know they would have been better. To base likes and dislikes on something no one knows what a possible outcome would have been of something that never happened seems a bit odd to me.

Charlie Ergen is not evil. He is successful, and that translates to evil for some people.

He has his enemies, as do all well known or well off people. I seriously doubt he has the slightest concern, or even awareness, of those here that "do not care for him." Well, outside of Claude, maybe.

Sorry- I'm a bit more familiar with Bill "piranha" Gates and Microsoft. Now THERE is a person and corporation that more accurately fall into the "evil" category. He didn't even donate to charity until his lawyers pointed out it would help his image, and maybe his success in court, and that HE COULDN'T POSSIBLY SPEND ALL HIS MONEY IN HIS LIFETIME."

Way too many people that did business with him that aren't in business anymore.

Charlie ain't by any stretch in THAT league.

I agree. Charlie has done amazing things. He may be off every now and then, however, Boone has a perfect record. His is mighty fine.

Charlie Ergen is not evil. He is successful, and that translates to evil for some people.

He has his enemies, as do all well known or well off people. I seriously doubt he has the slightest concern, or even awareness, of those here that "do not care for him." Well, outside of Claude, maybe.

Sorry- I'm a bit more familiar with Bill "piranha" Gates and Microsoft. Now THERE is a person and corporation that more accurately fall into the "evil" category. He didn't even donate to charity until his lawyers pointed out it would help his image, and maybe his success in court, and that HE COULDN'T POSSIBLY SPEND ALL HIS MONEY IN HIS LIFETIME."

Way too many people that did business with him that aren't in business anymore.

Charlie ain't by any stretch in THAT league.
:clapping:clapping:clapping

I don't know squat about how to configure, organize, or run a multi-billion dollar company. I do know that T-Mobile is a distant third place cellular carrier which has had more influence on the industry in the past two years than either of the big two. I do know that Amazon has totally changed the landscape of retail in America over the past ten years. Maybe DISH is a very good fit for these two rebels.............or not.

Can you imagine the three-way between them. The billions... the incredible advances. Imagine SlingTV and Amazon Prime teaming up for free mobile streaming on TMobile networks... they could easily take number 1 in all 3 categories as a team. Just depends on who/how the leadership was configured. Charlie wouldn't be a good fit for top dog. I think Legere could be CMO, with Charlie as the President, and Amazon appointing the CEO position. Bring Vivek back to work on Amazons streaming equipment.

That would be Mike's argument. He has a lot of answers to questions that are not asked. Charlie is evil.
That is not what I said and I thank you not to put words in my mouth.

I have every right to criticize Charlie Ergen's past behavior and how it has lead to failed partnerships in the past. and will most likely lead to more in the future. Doesn't change the fact I also like DISH as a company and their satellite receivers. You can like a company and it products , but not the way their leader conducts himself personally in business. I just don't confuse the company with the Man who runs it.

I also don't think there is any cause for all the Charlie Ergen Cheerleaders to come out and do their pom pom dance:cheer anytime there is some criticism towards Charlie. He is a big boy and I am sure he can take it . Unfortunately there are a lot of his supporters here on this site that can't. :hand

Your criticism has been that because he has pulled out of deals last minute, he is bad at business. The response to you has been that if it doesn't feel right, he will pull out, no matter last minute. Dish is his baby, and I am quite sure he is very protective of it.

Can you imagine the three-way between them. The billions... the incredible advances. Imagine SlingTV and Amazon Prime teaming up for free mobile streaming on TMobile networks... they could easily take number 1 in all 3 categories as a team. Just depends on who/how the leadership was configured. Charlie wouldn't be a good fit for top dog. I think Legere could be CMO, with Charlie as the President, and Amazon appointing the CEO position. Bring Vivek back to work on Amazons streaming equipment.
On this I agree. Charlie would not be a good fit for top dog. IF he insists on being top dog , it could end DISH being included in the deal. Would love it if Legere from T-mobile ran the whole company . He has added so many new subs to T-mobile since he took over. He operates T-mobile a lot like DISH did ,back when they were on their way up in the 90s and early 00s, catering to his customers with the best deals in town.