Anchorage, AK KTVA question

aklarvanto

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jun 19, 2009
Wasilla, Alaska
Anyone have noticed HD channel 5604 KTVA Anchorage (CBS) local has horizonal line in the middle of screen that appears when camera is moving.

It is like latency line when bottom of the picture is coming splitsecond later than top part of picture? I noticed this some days ago and now I was watching Letterman and it is there again even during commercials.

I don't see same problem in other channels; not in OTA or other HD or SD channels.

Anyone else seen this?

Some stills from the show during camera switch and look at the lady's hand.

Attachments

• misc 001.jpg
    misc 001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 118
  • misc 002.jpg
    misc 002.jpg
    792.6 KB · Views: 141
  • misc 004.jpg
    misc 004.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 154
does the SD channel look fine??

what you might want to do is email dishquality@echostar.com (I think thats right). They are the ones who work with the local channels to fix the errors. I remember one of my local channels the audio was about 1/2 what the others were. E-Mailed them and in a day or so it was fixed :)
Make sure to tell them the actual channel number (what it scans in as...not the "local" number. Example....here in Minneapolis the ABC is on 8570 but maps to 5. I told them it was 8570 KSTP ABC Minneapolis, MN. Then they can understand. If you dont know what channel it actually is, check thelist

Dish has lots of locals so its hard for them to monitor all of them.

Anyone have noticed HD channel 5604 KTVA Anchorage (CBS) local has horizonal line in the middle of screen that appears when camera is moving.

It is like latency line when bottom of the picture is coming splitsecond later than top part of picture? I noticed this some days ago and now I was watching Letterman and it is there again even during commercials.

I don't see same problem in other channels; not in OTA or other HD or SD channels.

Anyone else seen this?

Been happening for over a week, maybe two. You can see it on the SD channel also, just harder to pick out. Happened a year ago or so and then went away, someone must have informed them of the problem.

All of you need to email dishquality@echostar.com and also attach the pictures. I would also include a link to this thread. Especially coming from a few people they can instantly eliminate the home equipment issue.

Done.

I also reminded them that the guide info for OTA KTVA is showing NBC when it should be CBS. They've had this issue since I can remember. It's actually fixed in the 922, so why can't they get it right on other models?

Got a reply from Dish and they are going to keep watch on this channel. Of course the day they do this the picture was great. On Sunday it was really bad again. Maybe they fixed it before they answered my email. ;) ;)

Done.

I also reminded them that the guide info for OTA KTVA is showing NBC when it should be CBS. They've had this issue since I can remember. It's actually fixed in the 922, so why can't they get it right on other models?

AkGolf, try deleting and rescanning your off air channels. I had been complaining to dish about this guide problem for over a year. I added a 612 to my account a couple of months ago, and noticed that when I did the off air scan the guide data for 011-01 was correct. I rescanned my 622, and that fixed the problem that I've living with for a long while....:rolleyes:

By the way, the horizontal line issue is not present off air....its definately a problem on Dish's end.

AkGolf, try deleting and rescanning your off air channels. I had been complaining to dish about this guide problem for over a year. I added a 612 to my account a couple of months ago, and noticed that when I did the off air scan the guide data for 011-01 was correct. I rescanned my 622, and that fixed the problem that I've living with for a long while....:rolleyes:

I finally got around to deleting and rescanning the locals and that did fix the channel 11 guide problem.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)