Ancient sub caught in the receiver EOL lottery

I don't know- How much will they pay you to take a ViP222 off their hands?
They are not that bad.... Just not relevant to Dish's own model for leased equipment. lol. Me personally, I have always paid the DVR fee, even back when I was with TWC as I found it worth it. It is all going to be a point of preference and what each individual customer is willing to pay for what service.

Are dish VIP612's still being manufactured?
I doubt that any ViP receivers are still being made. They are just repairing what is out there and doing RMAs when you have one break down. The emphasis is going to be all Hopper /joey systems ,because the FEE potential is so much higher with these receivers over VIP receivers. Unless you add a 2nd VIP 722k to your account ,then you pay like $17.00 a month for that additional fee. :eeek

I doubt that any ViP receivers are still being made. They are just repairing what is out there and doing RMAs when you have one break down. The emphasis is going to be all Hopper /joey systems ,because the FEE potential is so much higher with these receivers over VIP receivers. Unless you add a 2nd VIP 722k to your account ,then you pay like $17.00 a month for that additional fee. :eeek

Ok. I know the VIP211's are still being manufactured because those are basically tailgating receivers.

Ok. I know the VIP211's are still being manufactured because those are basically tailgating receivers.
Ok, you got me on that one, but the other vip class of 612, 722,722k aren't I'm pretty sure. I would of thought that they were just using the unused stock of 211ks for the tailgater, since the 211z are out on the market now and you can add the usb ota tuner to it for another $30.00.

Just received the card today that my dp301 will no longer work after May 31, 2015. They claim "there is no cost or commitment associated with replacing your receiver" but is that really true? I picked mine up at a yard sale for $5 so it owes me nothing at this point. If calling dish will result in a service call for a box that I will have to send back some day I just won't bother. I self installed and have no interest in dealing with an installer.

Just received the card today that my dp301 will no longer work after May 31, 2015. They claim "there is no cost or commitment associated with replacing your receiver" but is that really true? I picked mine up at a yard sale for $5 so it owes me nothing at this point. If calling dish will result in a service call for a box that I will have to send back some day I just won't bother. I self installed and have no interest in dealing with an installer.

The card is correct. Depending on where you are, if you call DIsh, they will ship you either a 311 or a 211. If you only have a single 301 on the account, it will likely not require any type of service call (unless they need to do an arc migration and change the sats you are aimed at). Shipping the receiver is free, and has no commitment, and if a tech visit is required due to a required change of your antenna, there is no cost or commitment. Now, if it's only a receiver and you force a tech to come out, you may be charged for a tech, but really, if it's only the receiver, they will ship you one, and you can connect it yourself.

One more thing you mention. You own your 301. If you replace it, you will either choose a leased 311/211, or purchased. The default is to send you a leased receiver. If you have to own it (why, I do not know...there is zero benefit in owning versus leasing, the monthly cost is identical), you would have to buy the receiver. Leased, no cost at all to you.

You're saying Dish won't replace an owned 301 with an owned 311 at no charge? Folks have posted otherwise.

One more thing you mention. You own your 301. If you replace it, you will either choose a leased 311/211, or purchased. The default is to send you a leased receiver. If you have to own it (why, I do not know...there is zero benefit in owning versus leasing, the monthly cost is identical), you would have to buy the receiver. Leased, no cost at all to you.

Well as I understand it a leased receiver costs $15 to send back if you close your account.

If leased what are you on the hook for if it gets damaged?

I only bought the 301 to do a self install for the Welcome Pack.

Well as I understand it a leased receiver costs $15 to send back if you close your account.

If leased what are you on the hook for if it gets damaged?

I only bought the 301 to do a self install for the Welcome Pack.
If they want it back they will charge a fee or you can ship it back at your cost if you think you can do it cheaper. Keep the 301 if you don't want a free upgrade but you will soon have no signal and the 301 becomes a boat anchor. Can you buy a replacement receiver for less than the $15 return fee? Service on leased receivers is free seeing DISH owns it.

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)