Another beef... I kinda wish that all stations in native HD ARE IN HD on DirecTV...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's not the point at all. NOTHING on TCM HD is actually HD despite the fact that at least half the titles HAVE been remastered in HD already. Then they have the gall to broadcast the same programs in true HD in foreign countries, but not here in the US.

The point is TCM HD is NOT HD, not even a little, absolutely no HD at all. There's no excuse for that.

I maybe misstated what I meant. When I said a channel that is in "native HD" I meant that it is available in HD.

That's not the point at all. NOTHING on TCM HD is actually HD despite the fact that at least half the titles HAVE been remastered in HD already. Then they have the gall to broadcast the same programs in true HD in foreign countries, but not here in the US.

The point is TCM HD is NOT HD, not even a little, absolutely no HD at all. There's no excuse for that.

Well, it looks as though that's no longer the case. TCM has FINALLY gone HD. Only took 5 1/2 years to get it done. I guess all the griping, in this thread, finally made them pull the trigger. :biggrin

OMG! I think you're right! I just played a few recordings I made in the past few days and the bitrate is way up, and there's visible film grain I've never seen before on TCM. This is fantastic. I can start recording a lot more things on TCM now. Thanks for the heads up.

I have read this thread several times and I still don't understand what it's about. Native to me means 720p channels (ESPN, Disney) are shown in 720p and 1080i channels (NBC, Discovery) are shown in 1080i. SD would be 480i.

I have read this thread several times and I still don't understand what it's about. Native to me means 720p channels (ESPN, Disney) are shown in 720p and 1080i channels (NBC, Discovery) are shown in 1080i. SD would be 480i.
I mean that the stations that are available in HD should be available in HD on DirecTV.

There are too many SD subs that would have to get new equipment. It would cost Directv a bundle to get rid if SD.
Not as many as you think. There is a plan to go 100 percent HD and remove duplicate SD channels on the 101 bird along with going mpeg4. That plan starts in 2015 if I remember right.

Not as many as you think. There is a plan to go 100 percent HD and remove duplicate SD channels on the 101 bird along with going mpeg4. That plan starts in 2015 if I remember right.
What are they going to do with channels not available in HD, like Boomerang?

Status
Please reply by conversation.