Another year of college football without ESPN U in hd

d9dave

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
It would be nice to get rid of the hd picture shrunk down into sd size.

yea it is hard to watch in compressed to death sd.Recorded the App.St. Ecu game on sportsouth today and watched this evening.It was hideous.I could understand if it was an analog ota (free) signal but,when you pay for it.....it stinks!

yea it is hard to watch in compressed to death sd.Recorded the App.St. Ecu game on sportsouth today and watched this evening.It was hideous.I could understand if it was an analog ota (free) signal but,when you pay for it.....it stinks!

App ST/ECU was in HD on the ALT channels. Was a good game, what I saw of it.

The Appy State/ECU game was probably on one of the RSN alts in HD as that was the FSN game of the week (the early game)

edit: osu1991 beat me to it ;)

just be grateful we still have it, because these channels will be gone forever once the contract ends ala Dish/AMC Networks dispute.

What bugs the crap out of me is that they COULD at least use adequate bandwidth to make a watchable SD signal. Good SD has the potential to look fairly good. If I was in their shoes and I couldn't broadcast the HD signal I would FOR DAMN SURE at least put out the best damn SD signal I could. Even the EA signal (which should have the potential to look better with mp4) looks like total dog crap.

App ST/ECU was in HD on the ALT channels. Was a good game, what I saw of it.

Never even thought about that osu1991.I wonder,does the alt channels show the game in the guide say 2 or 3 days in advance?I usually go through on Wed.or Thu. and search for college football games and then set a timer.I don't recall seeing that game listed in HD though.

Another year, another college football season without ESPN-U in HD.

Of course, depending on how negotiations with The Mouse go, there may no ESPNs at all this college football season. :(

Yeah lets hope they get this all work with ESPN due to I got to see the Wolfpack chew up some Tarheels and see the OSU Cowboys tie up some Gooners. If Dish does not get this worked out it will really hurt them that's for sure. :)

Big 12 games are not on espnu, just espn and espn2, the rest are on abc, fox, fs1 and fill in by the rsn's.

If espnu HD is important to you keep waiting it out or go somewhere else. Those are the 2 choices.

Heck Big 12 fans may miss a lot if Fox doesn't get an agreement for FS1 in place and Dish and Disney decide to play hard and pull the signal. Worst case is the espn's and fs1 are both missing

Yeah lets hope they get this all work with ESPN due to I got to see the Wolfpack chew up some Tarheels and see the OSU Cowboys tie up some Gooners. If Dish does not get this worked out it will really hurt them that's for sure. :)

Dream on!!The Heels will whip the Pack,whether it's in SD or HD!:p

Big 12 games are not on espnu, just espn and espn2, the rest are on abc, fox, fs1 and fill in by the rsn's.

If espnu HD is important to you keep waiting it out or go somewhere else. Those are the 2 choices.

Heck Big 12 fans may miss a lot if Fox doesn't get an agreement for FS1 in place and Dish and Disney decide to play hard and pull the signal. Worst case is the espn's and fs1 are both missing

Yeah I understand that most Big 12 games are not on ESPNU but since I'm a big college FB fan I would like to see them get the channel back in HD and sometimes ACC schools do play on there as well. Either way Dish needs to get this taken care of to get all the ESPN Networks in HD back online and like you pointed out get the Disney Channels back in HD as well.

Dream on!!The Heels will whip the Pack,whether it's in SD or HD!:p

We will see. :) Go Pack! But the Heels have a former OSU Offense Coordinator as their Coach now which I think was a good hire for them.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)