Another year of college football without ESPN U in hd

Same here, but I think it would be a all or nothing deal

I agree. I can't see Disney allowing carriage of one without the other. I rarely watch ESPNU or ESPNews as the "main games" seem to be on ESPN, ESPN2 or ABC. That said, try watching a NASCAR race moved to ESPNews. It looks a lot like college football on ESPNU - shameful.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I assume this pissing match won't affect ESPN Game plan I already purchased. I already use Uverse for internet, I suppose in the event this goes bad, I'll just finally take up AT&T on their offers the keep sending me. I will not lose football, but I will lose Dish. A 17 year relationship will have to end.

I assume this pissing match won't affect ESPN Game plan I already purchased. I already use Uverse for internet, I suppose in the event this goes bad, I'll just finally take up AT&T on their offers the keep sending me. I will not lose football, but I will lose Dish. A 17 year relationship will have to end.

I think alot of us diehard college football fans feel the same way. If worst comes to worst I'll have TWC hooked up too. Don't want to but I can't miss college football.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

I am thinking a deal will be reached, if not may have to hook up a sling box over at the parents house

But very hopeful that all will be fine :)

Thank goodness I get internet with Comcast and somehow qualify for streaming ESPN (ESPN3 or whatever they call it now). Paying $120 or so for crappy SD ESPN Gameplan feeds on Dish just isn't going to work.

You should check if you can get ESPN3 / WatchESPN via your Uverse account.

Is ESPN Gameplan really worth it? What games do they show that you can't see elsewhere?

They list many of the games as must see but looking at the schedule I see nothing that screams importance to me. That said, I'm not an alumni of any of those schools and found it to be awesome (even though many featured blowouts) when I had the Welcome Pack - DVRd games to watch through the week. :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

When I moved to South Carolina, and then Va, it was hard to get a lot of SEC and ACC. When ESPN got involved with buy up rights, I was able to stop getting Gameplan, that and it was only SD...

Thank goodness I get internet with Comcast and somehow qualify for streaming ESPN (ESPN3 or whatever they call it now). Paying $120 or so for crappy SD ESPN Gameplan feeds on Dish just isn't going to work.

I have Comcast Internet their highest speed package I can get but not their TV service as I have Dish. Issue is even though I subscribe thru Dish and get ESPN I can't use my watchESPN app or ESPN3 on the computer without a Comcast login that has access to TV service so its pretty stupid to say the least. I have a friend whom is on Comcast TV and I borrow their login just to have the access. I do say sometimes its comes in handy to stream a game over when its blacked out here in my region and not showing on no channels. To this day I still can't understand why black me out a full ESPN channel when they could just very well show another game or something on it rather than a black screen saying its being blocked??!

All I get is ESPN3 games, because I don't get the TV package I can't watch the ESPN and ESPN 2 broadcasts

I like gameplan though too, occasionally an upset is happening and I can just flip over to the game quickly and watch or PiP it. I just wish the Gameplan feeds were in HD

Is ESPN Gameplan really worth it? What games do they show that you can't see elsewhere?

If you get the Sports Pack, a lot of the games on GamePlan are broadcast on some of the RSNs. That used to make GamePlan pretty useless for me as games that were on GP but not on an RSN were quite rare. But over the past two seasons I've seen an increase in the number of RSN-broadcast games that are blacked out. These are not the national FSN type games but secondary/alternate games for secondary RSNs in a certain region/market. It seems like ESPN has changed their licensing agreement with some of these alternate RSNs that show their ESPN+ content or whatever you want to call it so that you can't get GamePlan just by getting the Sports Pack anymore. Still, I find that with ESPN3 and the Sports Pack, I have little use for GamePlan and don't think it's worth it. Also, it is totally SD -- at least it was when I subscribed a few years ago. I don't think it's changed. But there will always be a couple of ACC and SEC games that may be shown on an RSN but are blacked out for out-of-market viewers that will be available on GamePlan. For me, it's total quantity that I want, not specific conference interest. I like all of the conferences. But if you HAVE to catch every available SEC and ACC game and don't mind SD, then GamePlan may be for you. I have a handy reference for TV broadcast schedules including GP (which isn't released until late in the week each week), but I don't know if I'm allowed to post links here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)