AntennaTV being dropped in Ft Wayne

Speaking of 1000 foot plus sticks on alot of k. Here is the 1718 foot KLFY on the left and the KATC 1768 foot on the right. As I call them, The Twin Towers of Acadiana. Any markets with towers this high we are blessed.

20150917_164844.jpg

understatement right there. ;)
One good thing is Elliott puts networks on people want to see and not just channels to "fill up the lineup"

That is the exact reason why Delta Media is hesitant to launch more....Case in point when H&I launched the reaction was not good when Antenna went off KLWB but onto KXKW (which does'nt have coverage as further) then went off the Cable systems too. Actually all 3 Katz, Justice, Get, and the other two Weigel were all supposed to launch so say within the last year. However they waited because other Media Groups made long term deals with the folks that own the Justice, Grit, Get, Escapes and all that and the joint venture with the Big City/Big Affiliate owned stations and then taking a chance on the H&I (KLWB OWNER stated this in an email 2 months ago which is cool, you do what you have to do). Now the latest I got from their engineer is that they gonna wait till Media General launches whatever on KLFY then go from there. He tells me Decades and Movies! is a definite go but it maybe a few months later than the acutal First Quarter launch date so I told him about the rumor, he said its not and once this tv goes back to just KXKW it will take some time, maybe at least a year but all the rest should be on by at least 2017, remember we have two stations to put them on. Oh and he tells me dont expect it to be on tv newscheck, lol. They also said its very hard to get a diginet to satisfy everyone in the Acadiana Area, also do not expect to lose any of these channels (at least ME, H&I, and Antenna for the long term foreseeable furture) as for This he says, Grit may replace it instead of launching on a seperate subchannel but Antenna is here to stay. As for the question from the owner we are not launching anything in the forseeable, the engineer replies, Bryan its like politics, you know the rest, that's why the operator sends your calls to me, dont worry tell the rest of our viewers it maybe 2017 but some more is definitely coming but with what is going to launch in the future everyone in the market will be satisfied, just sit and wait.

Seems Cincy, local tv owners know and that's a good thing. Also if you live in a Rural area a good distance from the Big City transmitter towers and get all them good channels, that is a major plus too....

WADL wants to sell their frequency back to the FCC for auction. The owner purchased WFDF am Kevin Adel thinks he can get 170. million for the frequency

Yes I saw that after I posted Kevin is been on the news for selling the station several times in Detroit. The photo in your post use to say Novi which is a suburb of Detroit. He purchased it and had his name put on it He also owns the word network which he claims makes more money then WADL

Reactions: Mr Tony
FYI, on Antenna TV's Facebook:

Thank you Ft. Wayne, but we still need your help. You can now watch Antenna TV on WANE-TV NewsChannel 15 until 12/31 but you still cannot see The Potato Chip Lady (Myrtle Young) on Johnny Carson.​

So it looks like they got a reprieve until 12/31/15. In theory that might be enough time to find a new affiliate? Fort Wayne's an odd market thought - there aren't very many station owners and the stations that they have seem to be fairly loaded with channels already.

Believe me it stinks for subs they need more best town is south bend channels.
I did a tvfool report on addresses in Fort Wayne, Angola, Ligonier (we have a legonier in Louisiana) and a couple towns along I 69 between Angola and Fort Wayne and a couple more around the Ligonier area and except for around the 20 mile radius north and west of fort Wayne and going into the City, it seems that the other places get all the south bend and fort wayne channels good but fort wayne doesn't get as much of the south bend channels as good (referring channels in the green, yellow, and red and ones with the (NM9DB) that are not in the negative).

So it looks like they got a reprieve until 12/31/15. In theory that might be enough time to find a new affiliate? Fort Wayne's an odd market thought - there aren't very many station owners and the stations that they have seem to be fairly loaded with channels already.
correct. I made that note above

The issue there is there really isnt an option elsewhere
ABC & NBC are tied up in the whole Quincy/Granite/Malara/SagamoreHill issue (the sale)
FOX is owned by Nexstar (they do have Bounce right now)

The Quincy deal was approved but they have 9 months to get rid of the LMA that is there right now. I dont see Quincy doing much honestly. They have to move ABC over as a sub to the NBC so that would give them NBC & ABC in HD and My network. CW will be owned by SagamoreHill.

FYI, Antenna TV on WANE has been given three more months, as they continue to look for a new affiliate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts