AntennaTV being dropped in Ft Wayne

Comet would be a good choice.
from what I heard...no it wouldnt be. It has the same episodes repeated already
Its like Buzzzr......I was all excited to see it when I moved back to Minneapolis. And now its the same single season of the good shows. I've seen the Press Your Luck Christmas shows I think 5 or 6 times now in a smidge over 2 months.

well looks like 3/31 is D-Day (dropped) on WANE

FT WAYNE VIEWERS: Antenna TV will no longer be on WANE-TV NewsChannel 15.2 after March 31st. Please help us find a new home in Ft. Wayne by calling your local stations and requesting Antenna TV.

I'm sort of surprised that they're having trouble finding a new affiliate. I almost want to suggest Tribune should buy one of the DTV America licenses and put it on the air themselves, carrying Antenna TV and This TV, neither of which have Ft. Wayne affiliates. If they really want to get creative, they could also run a channel consisting of the approximately 500 hours a week of local news they produce in Indianapolis for WTTV and WXIN. ;)

from what I heard...no it wouldnt be. It has the same episodes repeated already
Its like Buzzzr......I was all excited to see it when I moved back to Minneapolis. And now its the same single season of the good shows. I've seen the Press Your Luck Christmas shows I think 5 or 6 times now in a smidge over 2 months.

I watch To Tell the Truth, What's My Line and I've Got a Secret many nights on . I can't tell now many seasons they own. Generally over several Months I still see new episodes, but yet there are repeats thrown in, sometimes the same repeat a few times. But the same applies to Newhart and Barney Miller and others on Antenna TV "new" episodes with repeating ones mixed in.
Comet is one I don't get, I seem to get most of the rest. They supposedly got the full series of the Sci Fi shows, and were supposed to show them starting from episode 1.

I'm sort of surprised that they're having trouble finding a new affiliate.
The issue is right now all 4 stations are tied up with sales/aftersale issues

CBS is right now Media General but sold to Nexstar....BUT
FOX is owned by Nexstar so they can't own both. Nexstar is figuring out what to do in markets where they have conflicts.

ABC & NBC are in the process of merging under one station now that Quincy owns it. They are moving NBC & subchannel My to the ABC and moving CW (that is on ABC right now) as a stand alone station owned by Sagamore HIll. The ABC station when completed this summer will have ABC, NBC and My on it. No where to put AntennaTV. I dont think Sagamore (wqhich use to be part of Quincy but is being spun off as separate company) may not do anything as CW is the CW+ which is basically "plug and play" for affiliates.

Reactions: jegrant
I agree the big issue is all the stations being tied up. Sagamore might be the best station though, because even if all they're going to do is plug and play the CW+, that's really all you have to do with any of the subchannel networks - you just need a satellite receiver and something to overlay a station ID.

Only other option depends on which station Nexstar sells and depending if they contract with antenna. This market is more complicated than a relationship.

Your fixing to have a KADN type mux with the ABC, NBC, and the MNTV. Thats cool.

I was gonna say something about antenna and the cw on the same channel but I'll decline.

Hopefully it works out to where Antenna stays in the market

I agree the big issue is all the stations being tied up. Sagamore might be the best station though, because even if all they're going to do is plug and play the CW+, that's really all you have to do with any of the subchannel networks - you just need a satellite receiver and something to overlay a station ID.
The thing is as of right now Sagamore really isn't a company. It was a shell company of Quincy to get around the FCC rules. Any Sagamore station (before this one and the one in Duluth that was bought at same time) were run by Quincy. But that is coming to an end by end of year for the other stations and this summer for Ft Wayne and Duluth, MN stations (the former Granite/Malara ones)

Reactions: jegrant
Only other option depends on which station Nexstar sells and depending if they contract with antenna. This market is more complicated than a relationship.
I'm sure Nexstar will keep FOX and sell (or trade) CBS

Your fixing to have a KADN type mux with the ABC, NBC, and the MNTV. Thats cool.
It has to do with the Quincy/Sagamore Hill/ Granite.Malara sale/cluster**ck (here and Duluth, MN where Quincy will have NBC/CBS/My)

And given the fact that they lost CBS in Indianapolis, wouldn't they want to hold on to their remaining CBS stations in Indiana?

well they got strung along again

FT. WAYNE VIEWERS, thanks for all of your calls, emails, and social media posts to your local stations. Antenna TV now has 3 more months on WANE-TV NewsChannel 15.2 in the Ft. Wayne market THANKS TO YOU! Antenna TV will be off-the-air in Ft. Wayne on 6/30/16, so we still need your help contacting the local stations and asking them to carry Antenna TV.

LOL this has to be the longest separation between a subchannel and a main station. It almost sounds like if the ownership situation stabilized, then Tribune might be able to figure out who they even need to talk to, in order to get carriage. I wonder what WANE has waiting in the wings for 15.2? GetTV?

well they got strung along again

FT. WAYNE VIEWERS, thanks for all of your calls, emails, and social media posts to your local stations. Antenna TV now has 3 more months on WANE-TV NewsChannel 15.2 in the Ft. Wayne market THANKS TO YOU! Antenna TV will be off-the-air in Ft. Wayne on 6/30/16, so we still need your help contacting the local stations and asking them to carry Antenna TV.
Good for them....SO in 3 months it will say Antenna will be off the air in fort wayne on 9/30/16....By that it will be on the open market with the other 7 MG stations that Nexstar has to sell.

LOL this has to be the longest separation between a subchannel and a main station. It almost sounds like if the ownership situation stabilized, then Tribune might be able to figure out who they even need to talk to, in order to get carriage. I wonder what WANE has waiting in the wings for 15.2? GetTV?
Yeah that would be the correct, but then depending who buys WANE they might keep Antenna....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts