Any future HD coming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
HD Channels

I never heard of OVATION HD, SPROUT HD, REELZ HD,.:confused: Now i have heard of NASA HD. It will not be on long not it the O bama budget:D

Just that is restructuring of channels and new tiers around 11/17. The guesstimation has been that new channels deals have been worked to fit these new tiers, and we won't see anymore add's until then. All speculation of course. Also, seen proof that a new lower tier package, cheaper, is coming again.

What about the HD channels in those packages will they be restructured?

I would imagine so. Say is AMC is moving to 3 and 4, then AMC HD would be added after the change, and 1 and 2 would have neither SD or HD of the version.

DirecTV has all the channels mentioned just not in HD yet

Which is why it's even more a slap in the face. If the contracts are in to provide those channels, and D12 has bandwidth remaining, why not put them in HD? After all, they are given the same channel number. This is not like cable where the HD is on different numbers high up on the dial.

The channel I want most is TCMHD. Especially with the holiday season approaching.

The series I can get off Roku. Even if I pay a few bucks to Amazon its nice to get shows sans commercials and stored in a place where the kids can't lose the disks.

That said...D really needs to add AMC and BBC in HD. Those would seem to be no brainers. And I wouldn't mind paying more with a package realignment.

Im enjoying the Roku. Watched the first epi of Walking Dead in HD last night. Also use it for Top Gear and Luther in HD off BBC.

Which is why it's even more a slap in the face. If the contracts are in to provide those channels, and D12 has bandwidth remaining, why not put them in HD? After all, they are given the same channel number. This is not like cable where the HD is on different numbers high up on the dial.

Just because contracts are signed for SD doesn't mean they are for HD.
Also, I doubt that cable channels work any differently, just because they are in a different location in thier set up doesn't mean it's using any more bandwidth.

There are many channels on D* h\tat are in more than one location, just mirrored is all.

But that doesn't make sense. It's the same show. If you watch "Walking Dead" on AMC HD or AMC SD, I bet it's the same episode with the same beginning, middle and end. Just the resolution and clarity is much improved on the HD. Same actors, sounds, shows, events, you name it. It's not like when HGTV and Food Network first released their HD channels. When they came out, those networks aired completely different shows from the original SD content.

If an HD version of a channel is a complete mirror of the SD, it should be included in the contract, because it is the same material. The same goes with a PC. If I visit DIRECTV: Don't just watch TV. DIRECTV. on a PC with a 24" LCD at 1920x1200 resolution, it's the same content even if I visited the website on a PC with a 19" 1280x768 resolution.

Were paying for Content, now just bring us the content. I hate how cable uses different numbers. Ch 10 is SD while 510 is HD. I spoke to a guy who worked in Conditional Access for the regions Comcast systems. He used to build channel maps, and he said every time an there's even a tiny ounce of movement, the FCC needs to be notified and it has to be approved. There's so much regulation in that industry. Over the past year they've gone from 30 HD channels to 101. I moved out of that system and the new provider just this week is up to 102 HD channels. Cable is now beating DirecTV, especially when you count VOD and HD-VOD.

It may not make sense, but it's the way it is. HD production values and such, a NEW contract or addendum is required for adding the HD version, of a SD feed.

elwaylite said:
It may not make sense, but it's the way it is. HD production values and such, a NEW contract or addendum is required for adding the HD version, of a SD feed.

Is this what happened back in the day when we went from Black & White TV to Color?

Gosh I wish they would add DIY HD. I know many people that watch this great channel.:)

i know 0 that watch it
much of the hd thats asked for i know no one that watches, but thats just me
now amchd, hist int hd, tcmhd,and wfn along with epix1 and 2, id like to see

As a new homeowner, I love watching the projects they do on DIY. It's one of my favorite channels. I wish they would bring it in HD so I could see what the hell they were doing on there. It's an over compressed, muddy, blurry mess right now!

i know 0 that watch it
much of the hd thats asked for i know no one that watches, but thats just me
now amchd, hist int hd, tcmhd,and wfn along with epix1 and 2, id like to see

Dont get too excited about Epix channels. I have them on Dish and its not so great. Once in a while a good movie will show up.
Otherwise its pretty boring.
HDNet movies much better station.

Dont get too excited about Epix channels. I have them on Dish and its not so great. Once in a while a good movie will show up.
Otherwise its pretty boring.
HDNet movies much better station.
i do like hdnet. i just left dish, and the epix was a good addition, one of the few things i miss

Is this what happened back in the day when we went from Black & White TV to Color?

No there really wasnt any paytv back then anyway....only difference was if it was in color on nbc the peacock logo would come up and let you know that Bonanza! was presented in living color by Chevrolet : D As more color sets were sold then more programs were produced in color. Guess I am showing my age but I also remember the addition of UHF..had to have a set top box with tv set on channel 3 or 4 to receive channels above 13.

Status
Please reply by conversation.