Any portable HD format players coming?

And if you would have clarified to begin with he wouldnt have made that mistake. I thought the same thing, and it has nothing to do with math. It has to do with a lack of general knowledge about the Zune

Nah, has more to the effect of kicking and screaming because its a Microsoft product and its out doing his precious PSP.

But the PSP is a gaming device not a Personal media player. I don't fault the device for not doing what a device that came out this month can do.

This is why I told the fanboi's to cover there ears before I told them this.

I knew they would come out yelling and screaming. and My case was proven completely.

The question though was if a portable device would come out soon that did HD. And, I answered by saying it has already.

No your right. In fact thats why I left it open. Didn't say 720p resolution (parsing of words to get a response)

But couple things to consider

It is higher than 480p resolution equaling in the strictest sense of the definition High definition.
Actually its closer to the PAL standard than the ATSC HD standards, and PAL is not considered HD.

Nah, has more to the effect of kicking and screaming because its a Microsoft product and its out doing his precious PSP.

But the PSP is a gaming device not a Personal media player. I don't fault the device for not doing what a device that came out this month can do.

This is why I told the fanboi's to cover there ears before I told them this.

I knew they would come out yelling and screaming. and My case was proven completely.

The question though was if a portable device would come out soon that did HD. And, I answered by saying it has already.
where did HE say he had a PSP on here??? do you actually read the comments of people you reply to?

Sony PSP gets TiVo and its 10x better than the zune.
When you put 720p in a 3-4 inch monitor I dubt it will look any different than a regular SD image, sorry to break it to you but at that size anything would look good and you wouldn't be able to see any differences.
You fail.

Yes I do, Do you?

Actually its closer to the PAL standard than the ATSC HD standards, and PAL is not considered HD.

Yeah, but its not outputting in pal.

I know what your saying. Just understand if I hook it up to my Sharp or my insignia TV and set it to 720p on the Television. It looks just as good as most HD-DVD movies do.

Me and my wife have Zune 30s (first generation) they output like the ipods at 320x240 and suck

My buddy Ryan Wetherell has a Zune 80 (second generation) and It defiantly is HD :)

And this has what to do with a thread about portable DISC players?

Sorry, but I don't think a player that will do 4 hours (four hours!?) of HD video, and that only if it has zero music on it, which is what most people will use it for, is going to make much difference. I'm definitely not hooking it up to my TV at home, and if I watch it on the built-in screen or output it to the TV in the van, why in the world do I care that it does 720?

4 hours of battery life bro. not 4 hours of music.

goofy

Let me clarify

80 Gigs of storage , you figure 4-6 gigs per HD movie (using Mpeg 4) so thats about 20 movies
4 hours of video playing on the screen itself (or out putting to a screen)
20 hours of music playing

Man its easy to ruffle Sony fanbois feathers around here. especially since they are not proficient in basic math.

Yes I do, Do you?

apparently you dont. Since you QUOTED Onous. Ice turkey is the one that brought up the PSP.
You should really try harder to follow the conversation

Stop the tit for tat.

Zune outputs a > SD picture and that is plenty good for a lot of people, and a huge step in the right direction. The fact that it is in the realm of upconverted DVD quality/poor HD conversion means it can fit EVEN MORE video on the device given it doesn't need to be a full 720p encode.

For the topic, it's relevant. While not something you pop a disc in, it's certainly an alternative. Kind of like saying 'Hi what's the best CD player' and getting recommendations for MP3 players by the end of the conversation.

Yeah, but its not outputting in pal.

I know what your saying. Just understand if I hook it up to my Sharp or my insignia TV and set it to 720p on the Television. It looks just as good as most HD-DVD movies do.

Me and my wife have Zune 30s (first generation) they output like the ipods at 320x240 and suck

My buddy Ryan Wetherell has a Zune 80 (second generation) and It defiantly is HD :)
You would know this how? You just said that you dont have this model. Anyway, 720x576 will NOT look as good as HD-DVD or blu-ray on a screen that is the size of most televisions.

No, I was talking to everyone with my posts. An all inclusive coordination of words.

I know you are struggling to attack me so here ya go..

I suck, I support MS the massive company, I don't have blue ray so I don't know what HD is, Oh and Since I don't own a PS3 " I have yet to be told when the High definition generation begins".

Sound about right to you?

*shakes head*

I know you didn't say that but, again I am talking to the general populous who want to slam me just for bringing up Zune. A Microsoft product.

pretty pathetic.

Then, again, you should be more clear in your statements. It leaves you open to ridicule. Couple that with some of the other things you have said and i think most here would not take you very seriously

Stop the tit for tat.

Zune outputs a > SD picture and that is plenty good for a lot of people, and a huge step in the right direction. The fact that it is in the realm of upconverted DVD quality/poor HD conversion means it can fit EVEN MORE video on the device given it doesn't need to be a full 720p encode.

For the topic, it's relevant. While not something you pop a disc in, it's certainly an alternative. Kind of like saying 'Hi what's the best CD player' and getting recommendations for MP3 players by the end of the conversation.
Im not saying that this product wouldnt look ok, however it is NOT relevant to the orignal question in any way. You yourself stated it was pretty much a SD classified picture(slightly better) and he stated that he posted it just to get a response, so where is the relevant subject matter in anything he has posted here?

Then, again, you should be more clear in your statements. It leaves you open to ridicule. Couple that with some of the other things you have said and i think most here would not take you very seriously

Of course I wouldn't, It's a pretty Sony Dominant forum.

Which is cool, they do make some of the better consumer electronics out there.

I put the original statement out there to get a general pulse for this forum.

Now I know just to state specs and let people rip all they want.

Also know now who are going to be the antagonists around here, and who to ruffle when I want a giggle.

And I know who is level headed and can see the trees from the forest. :D

Im not saying that this product wouldnt look ok, however it is NOT relevant to the orignal question in any way. You yourself stated it was pretty much a SD classified picture(slightly better) and he stated that he posted it just to get a response, so where is the relevant subject matter in anything he has posted here?

The title is Any portable HD format players coming? pretty self evident.

I said the Zune 2 does, You disagree.

*shrug*

its all subjective anyway.

Or with the rumors I have been hearing, The Zune and 360 boys have been trying to get all the market places and media tied together. It is even rumored that the 360 will transfer data from the HD-DVD drive to the Zune 2 through the xbox 360.

Would that make it more on topic?

And I know who is level headed and can see the trees from the forest. :D
Way to butcher that saying:D

I could care less what company another backs, but when people post non relevant info, or even false info just to get a response, i have to question the motive. I just dont see the point

i guess we do disagree on what is considered an HD format, in any case, Ihave nothing against a Zune

Fair enough, then you would have to classify 80% of games on the 360 and PS3 non HD as well. Since most use less than 720p textures.

:up

Always

They are actually all over the place in pixel count. :) my bad on the most are 720x568 statement.

Like I said, It is subjective.

"Depends on what your definition of is is. " - Bill Clinton

Always

There actually all over the place in pixel count. :)

Like I said, It is subjective.

"Depends on what your definition of is is. " - Bill Clinton
Good job, and actual link to back up an argument, now you are getting somewhere.
Ill admit thats the first ive seen of that. Deserves more research

Or with the rumors I have been hearing, The Zune and 360 boys have been trying to get all the market places and media tied together. It is even rumored that the 360 will transfer data from the HD-DVD drive to the Zune 2 through the xbox 360.

Would that make it more on topic?
Slightly, but not really, it still cant output it at an actual HD resolution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)