Anyone have an OLED?

I saw that B&H Photo was throwing in a 46" LG Set with the purchase of the 65" curved OLED set at $4,999. That's like getting an A3 when you buy an Audi R8 V10...
Best Buy and other stores have the same deal. And that's actually a free 49" 4K set priced $799!

On Monday I had an offer from HHGregg, essentially 15% off on anything. That's basically the same price as at Cleveland Plasma (who doesn't have it in stock anyway).
I wonder if it was combinable with the free TV offer? Probably not.
Anyway, I feel it should be possible to get the 65" set under $4000 this Fall. And perhaps for around $3000 a few months later...

Panels shipping now are 601 (January) builds. Crazy how they are keeping up with production. I remember buying Panny plasmas that were built 6-7 months earlier.

Anyways, I will be ordering the 65" LG EF9500 this week. Will report back once I get it in and setup.

Chad B is scheduled for a cal, probably gonna be late March though before we get to that. According to Chad, a lot of the people raising hell about near black issues do not understand these need some TLC when calibrating, and the issue can be worked on with a few tricks. Sounds like some of the same stuff with plasma.

Guess Ill get my UHD gear setup for March and start ordering more movies. Also going to grab some 3D flicks between now and then. Chad is going to do 2D/3D/UHD.

Alright, I read Chad B's review and talked with another Calibrator who owns one. The nice thing is since I cannot get a Cal for a month or two, ISF and Cinema are very accurate out of the box.

Basically just adjust contrast with a clipping pattern between 78 and 82, and black level to where 16 is invisible and 17 is showing. other than that adjust De-judder to your liking. Some use 2-3, some use 10. 10 will have some SOE (already have some on the XBR) and give you 600 lines of motion rez.

Finally, the 3D on these things calibrates GREAT, and by all accounts the 1080p to each eye passive is great. Looks like Im going to be trying 3D again...

I read it awhile back, always do.

Been a lot of ridiculous stuff over at AVS, I think the OLED hate is alive and well. I bought the 2012 Shootout Winner the VT50, and loved it. Granted it was far from perfect. I have no doubt this 9500 will be beauty, especially once Chad can tweak it. From my reading it takes a little expertise and you can get around some of these near black issue (which tend to not be a problem in real content just test slides).

The motion rez is no better or worse than my Sony, so Im not worried about that at all. As far as price, it is what it is, I just spent $5275 for mine...

I read it awhile back, always do.

Been a lot of ridiculous stuff over at AVS, I think the OLED hate is alive and well. I bought the 2012 Shootout Winner the VT50, and loved it. Granted it was far from perfect. I have no doubt this 9500 will be beauty, especially once Chad can tweak it. From my reading it takes a little expertise and you can get around some of these near black issue (which tend to not be a problem in real content just test slides).

The motion rez is no better or worse than my Sony, so Im not worried about that at all. As far as price, it is what it is, I just spent $5275 for mine...

Why so much? Did you talk to Chris over at Cleveland Plasma? You should have been able to get this for ~$1k less than that.

I went thru best buy, simply because of the potential return issues or replacement with LG. LG has been good if there is a problem, but I wanted it through someone locally.

1/4" thin screen is crazy, and I like the small bezel.
View angle is terrific
Image is rich, natural and surprised how accurate it is in ISF mode without a cal
With dejudder set to 3 and deblur off, motion looks nice. Anything higher than 3 gets really soapy
Filter is very good, even with over head lighting the screen is very bright
January build which is good for me

IMG_0744_zpsyvoecegu.jpg

IMG_0748_zpsapdf0k7m.jpg

Gotta get my Denon X4200W hooked up Wed, going to test some pattern now and check out a few blu-ray test scenes.

Image has a lot of depth.
The bank scene and armored car scene in Dark Knight looked wonderful. Tron Legacy light cycle battle was great in 3D, and that is during the day in my living room. Passive 3D glasses are nice.

Funny how you get used to an image, and then see a new one. The contrast ration vs the 930C shows here, and it's nice to not even see what little bit of clouding I had at all. Also better that when I m in the kitchen and at an angle, the image does not wash out.

Image has a lot of depth.
The bank scene and armored car scene in Dark Knight looked wonderful. Tron Legacy light cycle battle was great in 3D, and that is during the day in my living room. Passive 3D glasses are nice.

Funny how you get used to an image, and then see a new one. The contrast ration vs the 930C shows here, and it's nice to not even see what little bit of clouding I had at all. Also better that when I m in the kitchen and at an angle, the image does not wash out.
Congrats!
That thing is a beauty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts