Are you planning to upgrade to the iPhone 15

I just checked and my 15 PM battery health says 84%. Couple weeks ago it was 83%. :D

It's been in a protective case since new and never dropped. I always slow charge so it doesn't get hot.

Are you saying that the actual display size on the 15 Pro Max is actually no bigger than on my XS Max?

If the 6/10ths of an inch is accurate, I view that as a welcome improvement, and leads me to consider the upgrade. If it’s NOT accurate, well….

Are you saying that the actual display size on the 15 Pro Max is actually no bigger than on my XS Max?

If the 6/10ths of an inch is accurate, I view that as a welcome improvement, and leads me to consider the upgrade. If it’s NOT accurate, well….

The Max screen size is 6.7, same as last year. I don't know what the XS Max size is.

Reactions: navychop
The Max screen size is 6.7, same as last year. I don't know what the XS Max size is.
I just received the Apple overpriced magnetic case in clear by UPS. According to that, the 15PM is about the same size as my 11PM. The 15PM case is a perfect fit for my 11PM. The case is a hard plastic vs my 3rd party case I have on my 11. DSC02140.JPG
None of the hard buttons line up so you can't use the old case shown at the top. But for size, the old 11PM just snaps into the new case.

My case from Supcase (their UB Pro case with Magsafe capabilities) arrived yesterday, so now all I need is my phone to arrive and I will be set. Their cases are very rugged, and affordable versus the others (Otterbox, etc.). I high recommend them for someone looking for that type of case. Knock on wood between my phone and iPad and dozens of falls I've never had a cracked screen when using one.

I've got to pick up a MagSafe charging stand too. Looking at Twelve South's products for that, as they're a local SC company.

Reactions: Foxbat
All those electronics and you have a not-entirely fashionable stick-on clock?
Wife wanted it as passenger because she can't see the clock in the driver's display screen.

I'm sure no matter what I do to personalize my stuff you will find fault. But I am not inviting you to ride with me in my Tesla. ;)

Moving to the new iPhone Pro was painless as has been the norm in recent years with one exception. The automated setup process to move my AT&T number to the new phone failed repeatedly. I have an AT&T store nearby so they were able to do the transfer manually. It looked like something I could have done had I looked around in the Cellular Settings some more.

For my Secondary Mint account the transfer worked easily using the Mint app.

Holding the two phones the 15 is noticeably lighter.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheForce
My Pro went directly from the box to a clear case. I have never been hard on my phones so I'm not too concerned. I will try to remember to stay clear of blow torches though. ;)

The back glass is the one user-replaceable item that they touted in the Wonderlust presentation. Then again, I'm not sure which models they were talking about.

If only they could come up with something that isn't glass that still passed RF...

Well, GEE!

I listed pros and cons for moving from the iPhone XS Max to the iPhone 15 Pro Max. I decided it was a very near thing but not quite (that’s my story and I’m sticking to it).

THEN we learned MiL, who lives in (damn near runs) a facility is getting a “new fangled” thing. All residents are getting a modified version of the Amazon Echo. It will be for INTERNAL use (only?). They can see facility events, menus, etc. BUT - it requires an app. She doesn’t like apps. Too bad. Also, it requires a version of iOS that is not available on her iPhone 6Plus.

So she needs an upgrade. Again, I will pass down mine to her, as soon as mine is moved onto a 15 Pro Plus, and has a new battery installed.

Oh well. When I bought the XS Max, I figured on four years. Now it’s five.

Shucks.