Average 622/722 Temperature thread, Is your's Hot?

charlesrshell,
The receiver monitors the temperature every 5 seconds, but the diagnostics counters for minimum, maximum and average temperature readings is only updated at boot up. I don't know exactly how it comes up with the average.:confused:

I don't believe it is,it's the average temp that should concern you and by your post it's only a little higher temp than mine and mine works great!.:)

Now if your average temp get's close to your high temp you posted you will probably notice because it will start rebooting and have hangups.Then you will know your problem is related to the heat.;)

well my 722's low is 89,average is 118, high is 123

I use a $6 fan that i got from Walmart. Cheap and works. About 4inch diameter, so it will not work in enclosed space. 110 volt, not USB

My rcvr is enclosed, but running naked :)

Good temps,mine is in a little opening under the TV and naked also but I have it pulled out as far as I can to pull in cooler air,when I pushed the entertainment center back as far as I could to the wall my average temp went from 122 to 123.I have yet to experience this setup when our outside temps go into the hundreds so will be interesting to watch those counters.:eek:;)

I remembered the other day, when I was with Dish previously I had removed the cover AND had a USB fan firing down on the chip from the top framework. Im not too worried about the fan, temp seems fine just being naked.

My 722 completely shut down @ 138° High. Now with a blower fan my Low temp is 20° lower than without and the receiver works without any problems. My problem is that the High temp CANNOT be reset (at least I cannot figure out how to) AND it is not being updated below the "High" reading.

I posted (more than 2 weeks ago) a question on the Dish Support website regarding a reset of these readings and I am still waiting for a response from them. Also, I am not sure how is the Average temp being determined. Sometimes the Average looks like a simple mathematical average and sometimes it is not.

From what I have read in the thread and experienced with my own 622, an average temp below 120 is best. I recommend a fan such as this to keep the unit cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)