Better News, quest ends on a high note.

onay

Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
Hayward, CA
With all of the negative feedbacks about Voom installs, I thought I'd share something positive. While my install did not go as smoothly as I had hoped. Now, I can finally say that I am a happy Voom customer. I am now getting all of my OTA channels. Thanks to all who helped out. Here was my first post, btw;

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=38788

Yesterday was my scheduled appointment for my antenna upgrade. The installer called in the morning saying that he would have to reschedule my appointment after Christmas because the antenna he wanted to install for me was in back order. I told him I have my own antenna and that he should still come out and just install that one. I have read so much positive reviews about the Channel Master 4228 that I decided to get one just in case the antenna they bring in would not pull in all the local channels. Sure enough the antenna was well worth it. Now I have all of my locals, 25 in total with 8 HD (all of the major networks) :D

I picked up the antenna from Fry's for 50 bucks and the mast was 6 dollars. My next quest is to get reimbursed for the antenna if that is possible, but even if they dont I still think it was well worth it especially since I only had to pay 1 dollar for the whole install which included 3 receivers.

It is going to be a Merry Christmas in our living room with all the Bowl games, NBA games and football games! Hooray!

Right on onay!
I provided my own monster antenna and have great HD local reception.
Worth it to me! Voom is the best.

Glad to hear your our help worked out for you. I had to upgrade to the Channelmaster 4228 too. Voom is great so far no regrets in dropping Cox HD service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)