Big dish adjustment Help?????

Discussion in 'Free To Air (FTA) Discussion' started by Darlisilva, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Darlisilva

Darlisilva Thread Starter New Member

Hi Everybody,
    I need help to finish adjust on a 10' dish. I'm trying to get the signal of StarOne C2, from a dish installed on Deerfield Beach,FL. I need to know the Screw adjust and the Universal LNB alignment. It has some scale on it, to hold on focus, but i don't know what is the correct distance. I'm getting a very weak signal on satellite finder. Any help will be very appreciated. thanks

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. Magic Static

Magic Static SatelliteGuys Family
    Pub Member / Supporter

That bird is pointed at South America. I definitely can't see it in Montana. I'm thinking Florida may be well out of the footprint also. You may want to see if you can find a footprint map and check into this.

3. Pixl

Pixl Senior Member
    Pub Member / Supporter

Looks like the U.S. is way out of the footprint.

[​IMG]

4. FaT Air

FaT Air HOA Free Zone
    Pub Member / Supporter

There is some 'spillage' of C2 into the Caribbean region. (That satbeams doesn't show) If your in southern FL, you might get something on C2, but by northern FL chances are slim. Georgia? nothing.
    Suggest you use 78W or 83W to set your elevation to start with. http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html
    A guide, for this, I put together http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/222234-BUD-manual
    Skew, with the dish on a polar mount would be zero. What 's the model # of the lnbf? Some require their mark at 3:00, some at 12:00.

5. wbarrett

wbarrett Member

I am just north of you in Jensen Beach. I cannot get Star One C2 at 70w here at all on my 10 footer. Star One C1 at 65 w is fine.

===
    Bill

6. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member

Well, since no one else has said it I might as well say it myself! :confused:

WELCOME TO SATGUYS!!
    :D