Cable splitter/diplexer question for setting up a second DISH receiver in my house

HorseGal

Original poster
Apr 6, 2013
Eckert, CO
Hi..

We just built a new house, and had another company wire it for us. We had them set it up so my 2 room DVR served the living room and master bedroom, with a splitter involved to put the same pictures on an office and basement tv.

This new system is frustrating my husband in his office, so he wants to bring back a second DISH receiver from our old apartment on our property, and set it up so he can access DISH programming in his office through this TV/DISH receiver combination (and not be tied to the rest of the house). I am trying to figure out what to do..

The Diplexer has three cables: In/Out goes to our living room setup; VHF/UHF cable goes to the splitter, and SAT is the yellow cable from the DISH.

Splitter:
Office TV & Black Wire (not sure where that goes to) go to one side of the splitter
Basement TV, IN (from Diplexer), and Master Bedroom TV cables come in from the other side.

What do I need to do (what piece of equipment do I need), so that the Office TV cable can be taken off the splitter, so that it has full access to the DISH signal, for it's own receiver?

I would really appreciate any help you can give me on this matter! My husband hates the TV as it is (he has no electronic capabilities), and I have a bit more, but it's a bit beyond me.

Thanks!

Jennifer

cableinputsm.jpg

You might be better off posting this in the Dish network area. It looks like an old style switch.

If you upgrade/add a box through Dish network they can send out a tech to fix everything up for your ($6/month maintenance plan will make the tech visit low cost, you can add it for this visit and cancel it after a few months at no cost).

you should have dual cable running from the dish to your house connected to a groundblock and off of that groundblock should be a cable going to the diplexor (sat) you need to run that cable that you want dish signal from to the groundblock and connect it to the other piece of cable if you dont have dual cable running from the dish to the house the system was not installed properly and needs a dish tech to come out and hook it up properly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts