Cam Newton Allegations

A former Mississippi State player who worked with agents says Cecil Newton told him it would take anywhere from $100,000 to $180,000 for his son, Cam Newton, to sign a scholarship with Mississippi State.
Kenny Rogers told ESPN radio in Dallas on Thursday that when he and Cecil Newton met with two MSU coaches at a hotel in Starkville, Miss., last Nov. 27, one of the coaches said "No, no I don't want to hear that," when Cecil Newton asked about the payment for Cam Newton to attend Mississippi State.
Rogers was asked if Cecil Newton told him how much money it would take to get his son to play for Mississippi State. "Yes, he did," Rogers said.
Asked how much, Rogers said the price would be: "Anywhere between $100,000 and $180,000."
Kenny Rogers: Cecil Newton put price tag on Cam Newton for Mississippi State - ESPN

This is the the same Kenny Rodgers that did a interview last week on the same station in Dallas that denied everything.

He says he heard Cecil Newton tell Miss. St. coaches it will take more than a scholarship to get his son. That was at the end of Nov. He signed with Auburn Dec.31. State was still recruiting Cam up until the day he signed.

I have heard to that Auburn came out of "nowhere" to sign Cam. Complete BS. Auburn was neck in neck along with Oklahoma to the start to the end.

Last edited:
miss state ad issued statement friday admitting a prospective student athlete approached the school asking for extra benefits but refused, then told the ncaa. ad's statement does not implicate other schools.

mccoyrj said:
Barely. ;)

Congratulations on the big win against the Dawgs tonight. Good luck in the Iron Bowl.

Thanks. Going to need it. Bama had some big plays tonight. Looked impressive........at times.

salsadancer7 said:
That is true....but Fat-Boy is making more than Tebow will make the next 5 years...and then some...

Counting endorsements?
I think Tebow is doing just fine.:)

Counting endorsements?
I think Tebow is doing just fine.:)

NO...has nothing to do with endorsements....his contract had a signing bonus of approx. $ 32 million and the Raiders owed him another $ 9 million this year.

$41 million with NO endorsements....Tebow would need to hit ALL of the stipulations of his contract just to hit $33 million. And he has played as much as my 5 year son has, so he will not meet the requirements.

So yes, Tebow is doing fine financially compared to you and me.....;)

My take on this whole situation is that this nonsense is coming up and will hurt a good players chance at a Heisman Trophy.... he deserves it and earned it this year regardless what happened in past years at other schools or other points in his life. Reggie Bush did stuff during his time at USC and that year he won the trophy and is a clear example of how this with newton is meaningless... its a shame for him and his family to go through this crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)