Cam Newton ruled eligible.

I hope Cam wins the Heisman, too. I would also like Auburn to win the national title: only to expose the hypocrisy of the NCAA. If Auburn were 8-4 and not in contention to win the SEC and the BCS national championship, I have a feeling that Cam would be ruled ineligible to play.

I hope Cam wins the Heisman, too. I would also like Auburn to win the national title: only to expose the hypocrisy of the NCAA. If Auburn were 8-4 and not in contention to win the SEC and the BCS national championship, I have a feeling that Cam would be ruled ineligible to play.
they had no problem taking stuff away from USC 5 years later

USC never declared Bush ineligible and cleared by the NCAA.
Big difference.

Did ANYONE know that Cam was ever ruled Ineligible ?

It happened so fast ....

Hmmm.... how many think they moved this quickly because they didn't want to see TCU in the MNC game ?

I still think the storm is coming, but if it stands as is, the NCAA just opened a whole new can of worms as far as recruiting goes.

I love the SEC. IMO there should never be a national title game without an SEC opponent in it. IMO no other team from any conference could even finish at .750 in the SEC. BUT, I think Newton is as guilty as his father and should have been banned earlier in the season.

First, see I told you so.

That said, the USC corruption was obvious and open. The lifestyles of very poor people changed greatly, and, in basketball at least, kids from West Virginia don't decide to go to USC having never been west of Louisville in their lives before. The arrogance and defiance of USC management was total and complete.

Auburn cooperated with the NCAA and apparently the kid knew nothing. What we saw here was two things. First, the 24/7 nature of talking head sports "news" shows and sports talk radio who just have to talk and talk and talk and talk. And, in the South and certainly in Alabama, is that a "little brother" school is about to win a National Championship. Causing a meltdown among the majority who say "we" when talking about the school named for the state that live it, with which they have no other relationship.

msmith198025 said:
I still think the storm is coming, but if it stands as is, the NCAA just opened a whole new can of worms as far as recruiting goes.

If there was no money exchanging hands there will be no storm. If Auburn was stupid enough to pay for a player then they deserved to get slammed. Auburn followed the rules and had some damn good lawyers to boot.
The thing that people seemed to not know or forget is that Auburn never has had any allegations of any wrong doing. Not one. This is over unless there was findings of a money exchanging hands. From my reliable sources there was none.

War Damn Eagle!!! :)

BTW. As far as opening up the can of worms on recruiting. All I see is a bunch of people not getting paid what they asked for. :)

Last edited:
... And, in the South and certainly in Alabama, is that a "little brother" school is about to win a National Championship. Causing a meltdown among the majority who say "we" when talking about the school named for the state that live it, with which they have no other relationship.
This is ridiculous (and didn't really make much sense to be honest).

Last edited:
The NCAA has ruled Cam Newton eligible saying he had no idea what his father did.
In otherwords the NCAA has no evidence of any wrong doing, so they weasel out of making a ruling one way or the other by saying Cam had no knowledge of any misdeeds (misdeeds that they can't prove).

Derwin0 said:
In otherwords the NCAA has no evidence of any wrong doing, so they weasel out of making a ruling one way or the other by saying Cam had no knowledge of any misdeeds (misdeeds that they can't prove).

And avoid another possible embarrassing Heisman being returned.

And, in the South and certainly in Alabama, is that a "little brother" school is about to win a National Championship. Causing a meltdown among the majority who say "we" when talking about the school named for the state that live it, with which they have no other relationship.

Yeah THATS it....:rolleyes:

First, see I told you so.

That said, the USC corruption was obvious and open. The lifestyles of very poor people changed greatly, and, in basketball at least, kids from West Virginia don't decide to go to USC having never been west of Louisville in their lives before. The arrogance and defiance of USC management was total and complete.

Auburn cooperated with the NCAA and apparently the kid knew nothing. What we saw here was two things. First, the 24/7 nature of talking head sports "news" shows and sports talk radio who just have to talk and talk and talk and talk. And, in the South and certainly in Alabama, is that a "little brother" school is about to win a National Championship. Causing a meltdown among the majority who say "we" when talking about the school named for the state that live it, with which they have no other relationship.

Actually the leaks came from Starkville, not Tuscaloosa.

Are you really that naive to think Cam knew absolutely nothing about this, c'mon were you born yesterday?

I gotta think that Cam and son ARE getting paid and it just hasn't been found yet or being kept quiet till after the bowl season.
Think about it.... Cam wanted to go to Miss., Dad said NO due to trying to get money, if no money ,hanged hands, why isn't Cam at Miss. ???

I gotta think that Cam and son ARE getting paid and it just hasn't been found yet or being kept quiet till after the bowl season.
Think about it.... Cam wanted to go to Miss., Dad said NO due to trying to get money, if no money ,hanged hands, why isn't Cam at Miss. ???

I guess you have more information than the NCAA on this case.;)

I guess you have more information than the NCAA on this case.;)
Regardless of the outcome, I think anyone with common sense knows what more than likely went down. Has this type of thing happened before, most definitely. Will it happen again, you can bet your ass on it. It's the NCAA and it's big dollars now. You'd have to be very naive to think it's all up front and clean.

I don't know any more than the next guy ... but common sense says if he wanted to go to Miss. and money wasn't in the equation, he would be at Miss., not Auburn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts