Caution! Read before you sign

tarheel

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Southeastern NC
Had some work done today so I could recieve the new HD channels. When the installer finished he was having me sign paperwork about satisfaction with the work & another paper describing the work done. I understand the purpose of signing these 2 papers but in between the first & second paper he gave me a paper to sign that he said explained the Dishing It Up program. When I read the paper it said I was agreeing to a 2 year contract. The installer did not say anything about a contract & if I had trusted his explanation for the purpose of the paper I would have signed up for a new 2 year contract. I had just finished a contract about 2 months ago. As we should always do but sometimes don't, be careful & read before you sign.

Haven't heard that

Had some work done today so I could recieve the new HD channels. When the installer finished he was having me sign paperwork about satisfaction with the work & another paper describing the work done. I understand the purpose of signing these 2 papers but in between the first & second paper he gave me a paper to sign that he said explained the Dishing It Up program. When I read the paper it said I was agreeing to a 2 year contract. The installer did not say anything about a contract & if I had trusted his explanation for the purpose of the paper I would have signed up for a new 2 year contract. I had just finished a contract about 2 months ago. As we should always do but sometimes don't, be careful & read before you sign.

I haven't heard that getting a replacement dish added was part of Dishing it up. I don't think it should be and for sure not part of 2 yr contract. That should only take place if you are getting a new leased receiver. I'd contact ceo@ echostar.com and complain.

Don't think the installer was trying to "pull one over on you". Most techs don't give a crap if you sign a contract or not. They're just having you sign the paperwork that is on their work order.

First, it is not the responsibility of the technician to explain any promotions or rules to the customer. Those items are to be covered at the point of sale.
Question: Did you pay and kind of fees up front to Dish network at the time you ordered your upgrade? If not, the representative at Dish would have explained the Dish 'n Up options to you. One of which was to receive a free upgrade provided you signed up for a new 24 month commitment agreement.

Look at the balance sheet here. The satellite company is not going to give away equipment and labor without asking for something in return.
You were wise to read before signing.
When I present paperwork for signatures, I urge the customer to plase read before signing. This protects the custemer and myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts