CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
He is tough, and rough, but the thing about him, he is loyal to those loyal to him. Charlie is not nearly as bad as some, such as the Walton's. I still shop at Walmart though, because they do business right.

I have no doubt that the channels will eventually return. I could be wrong, but I suspect the real reason that this is delayed is that Dish wants streaming rights included for "NuTV"...

Reactions: TheKrell
i hope they too come back soon also maybe there some sticking points before they come to a agreement

I have no doubt that the channels will eventually return. I could be wrong, but I suspect the real reason that this is delayed is that Dish wants streaming rights included for "NuTV"...
I dont think nutv is going to be successful as everybody thinks its because when it launches all the major isp's that have their own video services will throttle his content.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Unless they shock everyone and offer unlimited internet to the NUTv box if you have dishnet.

Correct. To an extent. Hughesnet is. And if Charlie really wanted to, this could be a thing. Hell, Exede would probably get on board to, possibly, but this happening is less then 1% chance of actually happening. I was just throwing ideas out. No indicators it's even something that would be considered.

If he is so bad, how did Dish manage to grow to 14 million subs? There is no reason to have Dish other than to want it. It is not essential to life, Dish does not have an exclusive on their programming or equipment. They are not the employer of last resort. 14 million subs chose Dish because to them at the time it was what they thought was the best deal. Dish still manages to find employees, and they are not all quitting.

With every company and product, there will be unhappy employees and customers. But, you cannot be successful for as many years as Dish has been successful without satisfying customers and despite the "bad workplace" surveys keep employees over the long term.

Dish has innovated a lot for the industry. The whole Local into Locals that Dish pushed for actually gave competition to cable companies that did not exist. Carrying HD before most cable systems was another big push. DVRs too. Dish is in a generally hated industry with spiraling costs, but still has managed to do quite well.
dish is the cheapest out of all the major video providers and after some of the shacks(literally I have installed into shacks built out of pallets before with dirt floors powered off generators) I have installed into they dont care about credit history as long as they can get you under contract.

I cant count the number of homes that I have installed into where one family will sign up and get the promotional rates when those drop dead they stop paying their bill service gets shut off and then another family member calls in and signs up a new account.

that is why they have 14 million subs

Off topic, but how do you expect to get a job with a 100% disability rating? That's a lot of tax free cash. I'd just kick back and enjoy.

Well you are allowed to work up to a dollar cap per month, without it affecting your disability check. In 2013 it was $1010.00/month It goes up a little every year. Problem is if you do make that amount it shows Social Security that you are able to make a living income without SSID. You are reviewed as to your ability to work. As per a Social Security CSR if you wish to avoid being reviewed, then you should cap yourself to $750.00 per month. SSID rarely reviews those individuals below that amount.

Being my wife and myself are both on disability one learns these things. As for the tax free cash, oh boy. My disability is around the US average amount. Wife is a little less. In January we made $152/month to much money to qualify for food stamps. So what I am getting at being disabled is no party.

Sorry for being so off topic, but reading that statement to me is annoying at minimum.

Well you are allowed to work up to a dollar cap per month, without it affecting your disability check. In 2013 it was $1010.00/month It goes up a little every year. Problem is if you do make that amount it shows Social Security that you are able to make a living income without SSID. You are reviewed as to your ability to work. As per a Social Security CSR if you wish to avoid being reviewed, then you should cap yourself to $750.00 per month. SSID rarely reviews those individuals below that amount.

Being my wife and myself are both on disability one learns these things. As for the tax free cash, oh boy. My disability is around the US average amount. Wife is a little less. In January we made $152/month to much money to qualify for food stamps. So what I am getting at being disabled is no party.

Sorry for being so off topic, but reading that statement to me is annoying at minimum.
VA(US Armed Forces) disability works different than civilian disability

I have yet to hear one solution that any member has ever provided that could work. All I ever hear is want people want for a final outcome but no one knows how to reach that final outcome. I've had some ideas to fix the problem but I'm not sure they are realistic at all. I do run Dish or any provider so I have no idea what their exact expenses are or how tied their hands are when it comes to offering packages.

I've been saying for a long time that Dish would gain tons of new customers if they offered a small package with some of the most popular channels in it for around $40. Now I try to be a realist and I take into consideration that Dish also knows this and would love to offer this to it's customers but there are other factors stopping them from accomplishing it. It think too many people here think that Dish, or any provider, have complete control over how they offer their services and are just raking in money hand-over-fist.

Reactions: dare2be
20 Days in. I have to say I am really getting irritated with this situation. I would switch, but even with DTV possibly having issues and comcast (no, just no!), I'm stuck. To put it plainly... this really sucks.

I don't even know how Dish could contribute if it could to CNN laying off employees

I mean there's still cable provider's and DirecTV which is several million views (give or take)

Although not surprised with the low ratings if only they showed relevant actual news not something Kim Kardashian did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChadT41
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts