Compentant installer need in W. Philly burbs, ASAP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mike McGann

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2005
West Chester, PA
I have basically, a giant mess. I've been limping along with a hodgepodge of multiple dishes, kinda, sorta working for the last five years. I had to fix a lot of really, really bad allegedly professional install work — just completely incompetent stuff.

I've had one bad experience after another I need someone who actually knows what they're doing to solve my LOS issues without adding three more dishes, charging me a $1,000 or making me switch to MPEG-4.

Otherwise, it's time to bid farewell to NY Giants football and get cable.

I'd call DirecTV, but the dead bodies they send out aren't capable of splicing RG6, let alone finding a creative solution in a free-covered neighborhood.

Uh...I've installed about a dozen dishes myself and kinda know the whole LOS issue. I'm both a THX Level II theater designer and an ISF certified video tech, not to mention the former Executive Editor of Home Theater.

I've had service at this site for eight years now...so obviously, it's possible. I wrote about the launch of DSS as well as EchoStar (and AlphaStar and PrimeStar and so on) and kind of know my way around the subject matter. What I don't have these days are the installer tools and the time to really rework this setup properly.

What I need is someone who can, A: get things working right again now in the short term by dish tweaking, and B: someone who can come up with a long-term migration plan for the new MPEG-4 system and do a real site survey, not the half-assed one where a guy comes and walks around the property for five minutes.

Unfortunately, most of the installers I've encountered know less about this stuff than I (which is truly scary). I've identified solid windows to signal at 101, 110 and 119 — none in the same place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)