CONFIRMED Dish Holiday Channel Rumor

Why is it mono?

Why do they carry all of those other Muzak channels in mono-including the Holiday channel? The extra bandwidth for music-only channels is miniscule.

Why do they carry all of those other Muzak channels in mono-including the Holiday channel? The extra bandwidth for music-only channels is miniscule.
Musak is mono because it's designed to be piped thru PA systems in businesses, just speakers all over the place, no specific design for stereo separation.

Well unfortunatelly I am told its not a rumor, I guess its listed in the Retailer Facts Blast (I have not got mine yet to see it)

However some good news there will be 2 Holiday Channels available if you have AT120.

Continuous Christmas music will be broadcast on two SIRIUS channels through Christmas Day, December 25: StarLite (ch 2) (DISH ch 6002) will play traditional and contemporary Christmas holiday music, and The Roadhouse (ch 62) (DISH ch 6062) will feature holiday country music.

Bah humbug! Fooey on Charlie. I was really looking forward to it again this year. I turn it on while we are putting our Christmas stuff out and have it on the rest of the season.

Fooey. Fooey. Fooey.

Never mind.... it's there today and no rumor. :) Hopefully we'll see some Sirius Holiday Music too.

Last edited:
The channels MUZAK is reporting have been available to their Commercial customers for years.

The channels E* is reporting in the email are the same channels and one of those is now available to all subscribers of DiSH Network on channel 982.

Do not expect the other one to become available regardless of what the email said.

Dishnetwork is ungrateful. I'm going to call my Congressman and tell him so.

.....oh, wait.....

I'm not sure that D* knows what they are supposed to be doing!

Right now, 6002 'StarLite - Light Pop Hits' is playing Christmas music.

6003 'Sirius Love - Christmas Love Songs' isn't playing any Christmas music. The info page says, "Happy Holidays from Sirius! Sirius Love will return on December 26th!" Maybe someone should tell them they need to PLAY Christmas music!!!

Also, 6086 'Sirius Pops - Classical Christmas' is playing some fairly 'highbrow' holiday tunes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)