Constant sound drop on NGHD on 622 Recording, anyone else?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I have been experiencing sound drop on this channel. I can only say it has been on programs that I have recorded and only on this channel. Anyone else?

I do watch a lot of NGHD and haven't noticed that problem. But I watch live TV and haven't really recorded anything off this channel. I may try it tonight.

What channel is NGHD? I've been looking all over for it and can't find it. And yes, I do have top America's Top 250 with HD

How recently Sean? I've recorded a lot of NGHD and do not remember any audio drops.

Doug

within the past two days. I recorded two programs and each one had constant audio drop outs. It could have been the programs itself but I was just asking to see if anyone had the same problems. One of the program was about SADAM regime that I recorded last two days ago.

I have occassional audio drops on NGHD and a couple others on my 211. Its a complete lose because my audio reciever shows signal lose. I use optic. They replaced one 211 because of that already. They suggested the swap as soon as I mentioned the problem. That was before MPEG 4 and it has happened since MPEG 4.

Hi Sean, I thought it was just me, but I am having the exact same problem. Whenever I record something on NGHD and play it back I get multiple audio dropouts, using the optical out. Watching a program "live" I do not have that problem. It also happens on NFLHD. I suspected it was only happening on the MPEG-4 channels. I was thinking of calling Dish.

I record shows on NGHD all the time and I have had this problem since the last software upgrade was done awhile back. It stops if you pause the program and resume but it happens later on. It's annoying, but I know that Dish is aware of the problem. They keep saying they will fix it on the next software upgrade.

Thanks I recorded another program last night and the same audio drop outs happen. I haven't checked LIVE but some of you said that it does not happen. I will try the pause/resume idea to get around it.

I have been experiencing sound drop on this channel. I can only say it has been on programs that I have recorded and only on this channel. Anyone else?
Every show I record on NGHD has this issue. I watched the North Korea recording last night and it was awful. I think the other show is Dog Whisperer that I notice it on.

Same problem here also. My theater receiver (dolby digital decoder) was flickering back and forth between DD and PCM on the display during the dropouts.

My drop outs over the Toslink cable are mostly isolated to the Mpeg4 hd local Abc station from Houston , although I have had some on Sci fi channel before. I really don't know if that last one was just the receiver needing a reboot. Either way I wish that they could fix this problem. It is just as distracting as the green screen video pixelations and video stuttering was.

Well, I do have some sound drop outs. As I said before, it usually can be compensated for by hitting skip back. Others report the problem with HDMI, so I think the problem must be in the software controlling audio playback, mostly. The audio seems to be decoded and stored properly, since skip back usually recovers the drop out. So hopefully it won't be too difficult of a fix.

3,000th post. 2,000 more and $5 and I can get a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Too bad I don't drink coffee. ;)

Strange, I've been recording alot of that Explorer program lately (one of which was the thing on N Korea), and I haven't seen this problem yet. I rarely watch live either, but I'll try to keep an eye out for these.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)