Cox Cable, MLB and Dish

stevegd007

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
San Deigo, Southern Calif.
In the San Diego Region Cox Cable has carried, for years exclusively, SD Baseball broadcast (SD4, home games only). This has been going on for years. Recent FCC rulings have stated this is no longer allowed, i.e. no competition. Cox announced that they will not fight the ruling and allow Dish, DirectTV and others to carry MLB (after negotiations I am sure). :)
Question: When might Dish begin to show SD4, MLB, San Diego Padres for fans to watch. Might this station be added to our local station package? :confused:

Any ideas or comments?

stevegd007 said:
In the San Diego Region Cox Cable has carried, for years exclusively, SD Baseball broadcast (SD4, home games only). This has been going on for years. Recent FCC rulings have stated this is no longer allowed, i.e. no competition. Cox announced that they will not fight the ruling and allow Dish, DirectTV and others to carry MLB (after negotiations I am sure). :)
Question: When might Dish begin to show SD4, MLB, San Diego Padres for fans to watch. Might this station be added to our local station package? :confused:

Any ideas or comments?

Direct already carries SD4 games on EI

I think he was referring to it being on 24/7 like the other RSN's are for the local areas (since he is in San Diego)

OK...He did state exclusive on COX. Just clarifying that Extra Innings carries SD4 Padre games as well. Of course if you are in the SD area, the EI SD4 broadcast will be blacked out.

Oops. Its been a long time since I have used Cox, so SD4, may just broadcast away games. Not the home games. But you still see the games on Cox. An with the FCC ruling. I kind of hope to be seeing SD4 in my local Dish Package.

Watching Padres now on SD4 on DirecTV via MLB EI

Attachments

• SD4.jpg
    SD4.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 165

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)