Defiance

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 3

Monday, April 29, 2013

"The Devil in the Dark": A murderer unleashes insects on the town.

S~

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 4

Monday, May 6, 2013

"A Well Respected Man": Kenya tries to amend the corrupt affairs of Tirra, a NeedWant employee.

S~

Watched the pilot and next two episodes,just can't stay interested in it.There were several instances I had to :facepalm Very kid like at times.

Watched the pilot and next two episodes,just can't stay interested in it.There were several instances I had to :facepalm Very kid like at times.

Yeh, after last Monday, I deleted the timer. And the thing that really aggravates me, especially on a sci-fi show, is "playing out" with some barely relevant song at the end. Just killing time.

Yeh, after last Monday, I deleted the timer. And the thing that really aggravates me, especially on a sci-fi show, is "playing out" with some barely relevant song at the end. Just killing time.

lol I agree,last weeks ending song,I had to skip through it.

I love scifi,Stargate,Star Trek,X-files,etc,difference being they had compelling characters.I'm having a very difficult time relating to any of the characters on Defiance.I'll give it another episode or two though.

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 6

Monday, May 20, 2013

"Brothers in Arms": Nolan gets a blast from the past while a Castithan fugitive wreaks havoc in Defiance.

S~

I'm watching it, as there is nothing more appealing in that time slot. There is, however,

too much skullduggery for me.

I couldn't even get through the first episode without shutting it down. The premise sounded good,but the actual delivery has been lacking.

I love scifi,Stargate,Star Trek,X-files,etc,difference being they had compelling characters.I'm having a very difficult time relating to any of the characters on Defiance.I'll give it another episode or two though.

This sums it up for me. I'm just not feeling this show mainly due to not connecting with the characters. And the stories, as others alluded to, are plain boring, the same kinds of plot lines you see in every other show, just here, set in a future, the premise for which wasn't ever adequately explained.

I mean, how in the world did all these races, who have long histories of animosity toward one another, ever get it together enough to build these massive Arks to travel across the galaxy. And how did they get destroyed? There have been bits and pieces of info dropped here and there, leaving the viewer to assume a lot, but we still don't have the complete picture. And unlike a show like Lost, where the gradual unveiling of the mystery surrounding the setting is a main plot driver, in Defiance, I just feel left in the dark. It's like the creators are saying, "OK, a bunch of different and extremely diverse races somehow escaped from a dying star system, traveled to our solar system in giant ships, partially terraformed earth making it virtually unrecognizable, their ships were destroyed forcing them to co-habit with humans, and that's all you need to know. Don't worry about the details."

Oh, and did you see how much space there was above the old downtown St. Louis skyscrapers under the terraforming? There's NO WAY the Gateway Arch, unless it was plucked out and placed intact on the new terraformed surface, would still stand that tall if that much of it starts on the same level of old St. Louis.

I recorded this weeks episode,haven't been able to force myself to watch it.Think its time to delete the timer.

If you have any unwanted houseguests you need to get rid of this weekend, be sure to turn on the Defiance marathon in every room of your house tomorrow.

That keeps me watching, along with the fact we're in TV season limbo at the moment. If this show had launched in October or February, I would've stopped watching after the 2nd episode.

Now is a great time for netflix.Been checking out Hemlock Grove,and House of Cards,on it.It's great to see these streaming companies offering up original series.Been trying to figure out Hemlock Grove,its definitely different,the big difference is it has more compelling characters than Defiance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts