Defiance

One episode behind, amazing how many characters from previous seasons they have killed off so far. :eek:

Yeah, it was pretty crazy how they brought all those actors back for the new season only to kill them off in the first episode or two. I will especially miss ...
Christie dressed up in Casti attire
2.11f.jpg

Great episode this week! I'm glad I stuck with Defiance in spite of my misgivings during the first season and my utter confusion at times during the second.

Often shows slump after its first two seasons; this one is picking up with much better and exciting storytelling. After Rafe got killed off to start this season, I wasn't 100% sure Datak would survive his current predicament, which made it much less predictable how this week's final scene would play out. Loved the original Doors music as well. They've often played covers of classic songs from the 70s and 80s at the end of each episode. I'm glad they got the original version this time.

I'm hoping it comes back next year too and I didn't see anything indicating it was a series end. You gotta wonder whether that ending means it is coming back without him, or expanding his role a bit into a different path. So many possible ways it could go. But if it a series ender, it couldn't have been done better!

This season was just so very good and kept getting better with each episode. Now we get 2 other shows after a week's hiatus with Continuum and I can't remember which one. And then in December Childhood Ends and one other new one. SyFy is really hitting some good marks with me this year! :)

Now we get 2 other shows after a week's hiatus with Continuum and I can't remember which one. And then in December Childhood Ends and one other new one. SyFy is really hitting some good marks with me this year! :)

The Expanse is due in December as well. I'm about a third of the way through the most recent novel in the series.

I really expect Defiance to return. Syfy lately has been giving their successful series five seasons. I expect Nolan to have his own little adventure for part of the season before returning to Defiance.

There's no Defiance without Nolan. We saw already in season 2 that an Irissa-focused storyline isn't enough to carry this show.

I suspect some big bad will follow Nolan and Yewll across the galaxy back to earth, uniting the humans and VC in an all-out war, the one I expected would happen against the Omec.

Doubt it. It's not even on Netflix currently. I think another streamer (Amazon or Hulu) bought exclusivity recently.

I'm not surprised it was cancelled, but contrary to my posts earlier in this thread during the first season, I was really starting to like this show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)