Defiance

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 7

Monday, June 3, 2013

"Good Bye Blue Sky": When the area is hit by a deadly Razor Rain storm, the people of Defiance must run for cover and stay indoors, where they discover truths about themselves and their neighbors.

S~

Now is a great time for netflix.Been checking out Hemlock Grove,and House of Cards,on it.It's great to see these streaming companies offering up original series.Been trying to figure out Hemlock Grove,its definitely different,the big difference is it has more compelling characters than Defiance.

Hemlock Grove is definitely in my NF queue, though I went ahead and started Hell on Wheels this weekend. I'm not really into Westerns per se, but based on how I've liked all of AMC's other series, I decided to give it a look. And indeed, compelling characters can make pretty much any story/genre good television. The Defiance characters just seem so flat and cliché in comparison. I wonder how much of this has to do with Defiance's video game tie-in in that 1) perhaps the characters and their situations seem more fleshed out if you are familiar the video game's back story; 2) the TV show was written and designed to appeal to 16-24 year-old males, the video game's target audience.

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 9

Monday, June 17, 2013

"If I Ever Leave This World Alive": A deadly plague ravages the town; racial tensions escalate when the Irathients, who are immune to the virus, are quarantined.

S~

That keeps me watching, along with the fact we're in TV season limbo at the moment. If this show had launched in October or February, I would've stopped watching after the 2nd episode.
I deleted my timer after the 3rd episode. Took me forever to get around to watching it, and it really didn't keep me interested. Another show that failed to live up to it's promise. Oh well, maybe next time.

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 10

Monday, June 24, 2013

"The Bride Wore Black": The town of Defiance is shocked when the remains of a prominent businessman who disappeared almost six years ago, are discovered hidden in the walls of the NeedWant.

S~

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 11

Monday, July 1, 2013

"past is Prologue": Amanda's mayoral campaign is jeopardized when Nolan is involved in an accident just before the election; the town to questions Amanda's decision to appoint him as Lawkeeper.

S~

Season 1 Finale

Monday, July, 8, 2013

"Everything is Broken": The citizens of Defiance prepare to cast their votes for mayor; Nolan is violently confronted with his past; Irisa must decide whether or not to embrace her destiny.

S~

I just watched the one with the dead man in the wall. I think the show has improved since the first few.

I agree. In spite of my previous rants, I've hung in there with this show. There just isn't much else on, and the story is getting better with these last few episodes (I haven't watched last night's yet). It still bugs me how poorly the premise is explained, as more than ever I fail to understand how all these very different races, who clearly hate and mistrust each other, ever got their sh*t together to build those giant arks to travel across the galaxy. I also love how the races that require the most prosthetic makeup are the most scarce in Defiance, and even then, except for the doctor lady, they are usually relegated to the background as servants or muscle.lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)