Desperate for help for Sling Adapter not working

Contacted DISH customer service and they went through the usual reset this reset, reset that and are now sending me a new DVR to see if that fixes the problem. (luckily I have the protection plan). I will keep the group informed.

My set-up is sling adapter USB to DVR cabled to Netgear WNDR3700 router WAN to ARRIS telephony TG502? modem (no DCHP, no need to bridge router.) MY IP address matches on my router and on whatsmyispdotcom. I have the DVR address reserved on my router. I have the DMZ server set to that IP address, I have also port forwarded and triggered to that address on port 5101.

Good luck bmacfla. As you might have seen from my own thread, I'm having similar (but not identical) problems as you and have tried everything I can think of. If your replacment DVR works I'd be interested in knowing since I've already got my USB and Sling ready to send back on Monday morning

Last edited:
My God they send me a new DVR and it won't download the software to even get started. What the F@@k....

The EHD is plugged in now but wasn't the first few attempts, then I called them and they activated it and then I think I plugged it in. So I will try it again. I will unplug and reset the DVR then have it start up after unplugging EHD while it is off. Let you know Thanks..

Just for your information...I also have a Netgear WNDR3700 (V1) and I did not have to do anything special to make it work correctly with the sling adapter...No DMZ zones, no port forwarding, no port triggering, etc. The only thing that needs to be done is to make sure uPnP is turned on in the 3700.

I was never able to get my sling adapter to work correctly until I updated to the latest versions of the WebSlingPlayer browser software that TG2 posted in this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-forum/275275-newer-webslingplayer-links-including-chome-web.html

After installing the 1.5.7.158 versions of the WebSlingPlayer, my sling adapter is now working correctly with both IE8 and Firefox.

Well, the repairman got the DVR up and running. It appears to be a software issue with units sent out by fed ex for replacement. USE * Menu to get out of the set-up and manually do it. BUT The SLING adapter now works. So it appears the problem was the receiver afterall.

You cannot make a connection thru a 2nd party device i.e the Netgear wireless device. Try setting it up directly thru the router.

2 dumb questions...

1) got an email saying sign up with dish get a free sling box...i know its for new customers but I wonder if you talk to the right person if you could get one free

2) where is the best place to put the sling box...(ive seen on top of the receiver... behind the tv...just didnt where is the best spot)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts