Desperate for help for Sling Adapter not working

I know you're desperate ... and grasping .. but really ..
either sling bad
or receiver bad

https://www.dishsupport.com/dishonline/11785-cant-get-sling-adapter-work.html#post22201

As I'd said there.. there was at least one in the last 6 months that had found their receiver was the issue
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...s/260435-sling-adaptor-agony.html#post2581845

though this person never posted back.. they had no light on their sling and the receiver was getting replaced
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ling-adapter-not-able-stream.html#post2593242

So .. again.. either bad adapter, or bad receiver ... in your post over at DishSupport you said wednesday was the last day to get it working .. etc.. is that because you're going away and need it working? or sending everything back? etc..

and did Dish IRT get with you to troubleshoot it?

I am working with Ray C on the DIRT team. He feels its a download problem and wants me to look at bridging my router to my cable modem.

I am working with Ray C on the DIRT team. He feels its a download problem and wants me to look at bridging my router to my cable modem.

then bypass everything and just plug your cable modem directly into your receiver. this will make it easier to determine whether the IRD or sling adapter has a problem.

Last edited:
I am trying that and I do get an IP address and show connected. I am going to leave it that way while I am out this afternoon and see what happens

well that did achieve anything. I got an IP address but could not access the DVR online. Left it that way for 6 hours and still no sling working

Been connecting it directly cable modem at night. It shows obline and I can download movies but still no sling adapter firmware update. ughhh

My dish app tells me that my receiver is off line all the time. When I get home I reset the receiver and it works for awhile. Any help ?

sguest9 said:
My dish app tells me that my receiver is off line all the time. When I get home I reset the receiver and it works for awhile. Any help ?

If you have a 722k receiver it is an issue that is happening. PM a dirt member so they can file a report. Hopefully that will help so engineers can get on fixing this.

well that did achieve anything. I got an IP address but could not access the DVR online. Left it that way for 6 hours and still no sling working
and does it still show for sling "None"?

sounds like you're back to square one ... bad sling, or bad receiver.

there are at least two issues ... one is a dish back end problem ... it involves problems with user accounts, dish receiver id, and refresh issues. The other one is effected by the router you're using and the features it supports.

Both sets of causes got worse just around the time BBMP was released to the receivers for Oct1 turn-up.

If your problems started then, you could still be in either boat .. would need to know more about your connection

receiver connected via hard wire or wifi, home plug, etc / ISP and connection type / modem and router names, models etc.

One user is finding that using a specific belkin router, with their at&t dsl allows them to work without problem, while another with at&t dsl has one receiver working, the second one in their house not.

So ... your choice on if you want to try a few things, or not.

since you are connected directly to the cable modem and nothing has been resolved, it is safe to say the problem is either the sling adapter or receiver itself.

DIRT should take care of this for you

There are many of us experiencing this issue. I have replaced the 722K receiver, sling adapter, U-verse modem, and the wiring between the modem and the 722K. This is obviously a Dish Network issue and it would be nice if they acknowledged it so their customers would not have to engage in needless expense and/or troubleshooting. I believe the issue began with the last software update.

They final raised their hands in disgust and are sending me a new sling adapter to try. I am with Brighthouse and use a new Netgear WNDR3700 router that works tremendously. I am sure it is the adapter or the receiver. The receiver is connected to Dishonline and I can see my recordings just not watch. I will post a follow-up, in case that might help someone else in the future. Thank-you everyone for your ideas.
B

Reveived replacement sling adapter yesterday and as of this morning there is still nor light on the unit and no firmware upgrade. When I use my DISH android app now instead of telling me that I need a sling adpater it just crashes, if I try and watch anything. I can control my DVR by DISHONLINE as far as tuning the TV to any recorded program. Gonna leave it connected another day. Beginning to think it is the DVR.

Sounds like it too.. you did already hard wire (re-read it ... you were ethernet from dish receiver to a switch, and from that switch to your gateway router) so hardwire as opposed to wireless bridge or dongle or even HomePlug is out the door.

The only untouched subject, but I think is covered in that bbmp works on your receiver, would be the NAT setup in your network. To make sure you're not Double Natting.
to double check that .. you log into your wireless gateway router (WNDR3700) and look at the Wan/Internet Port ... then open a web browser either to google and type "my ip address" or go to whatismyip dot com. ... if the address you see at either of those is *not* what you see for the Status page's Internet / WAN port address.. you've potentially got a NAT network problem.

if your wan or internet port on your router has an address in: 192.168.x.x, 172.16.x.x, or 10.x.x.x .. then you are double Natted and that's a core cause of problems.​
so if you're not double natted ... receiver's got a problem.. :)

A quick question. Can you used the Sling adapter on other boxes or is it just for Dish Network boxes??

Thanks,
Chris

A quick question. Can you used the Sling adapter on other boxes or is it just for Dish Network boxes??
The sling *Adapter* is only for use on Dish Network equipment. Its just USB attached daughter card that does the transcoding, etc ... it does not have the ability to stand alone.

A Sling *Box* is a stand alone, works with any compatible video source (just like you would plug cables from your DVD or Bluray player into a TV or Surround system ... you would plug them into the Sling Box) and an internet connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts