Did ya see the Toshiba Superbowl add. Should sell plenty of players!!!

They'd have to do a lot better with a commercial when what they put up on the game and pre game, it was lame IMHO compared to the other spots being run.

You don't even understand the simple concept of "regional" vs. "national" advertising. Toshiba didn't pay $2.7mil. That is the price tag for a national ad. They paid each local market Fox affiliate that aired it individually.

On the one hand, a smart financial decision. Just hit the major markets. Maximize exposure per dollar spent.

OTOH, they end up with varying formats, some markets broadcasting it in SD. (Those stations may not have the capacity to air local content in HD, only able to rebroadcast network content in HD.)

I realize you have some weird emotional need to insult a DVD technical standard, which somehow makes you feel better about yourself. But, at least know what you are talking about before spewing off about stuff.

Am in a major market (unlike some of the trolls that have chimed in) and none (as in zero) of the local affiliates have the means to store anything in TRUE HD, they all just link in prime-time HD network broadcast.

And, yes, the Toshiba ad was shown here, so looks as if they went after the most bang for the buck in lieu of national ad rates.

Read post #20 to find a link to the add.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1217550-post20.html

Thanks, the link I had also shows the correct ad. Well, they got their price out front and that is what they wanted to do. So in that respect it might help, we will see if there is a nice bump in player sales this week. However, they could of done alot more with the ad, as I said, most of the Superbowl ads were pretty lame.

Have a question for everyone, in the Toshiba ad, it states 6 times the resolution, Blu-Ray states 5 times the resolution, is this true. I thought the two formats were the same res
They are the same. Not sure why they say that.

Hey, are the ad guys members of the War Zone?:D