Did ya see the Toshiba Superbowl add. Should sell plenty of players!!!

I saw it here in NY as well. Bottom line the ad sucked!! The game was good but most of the commercials sucked this year.

Thanks for the Toshiba link to get to the ad. I just watched it, and thought it was pretty good. None of the super bowl ads excited me this year.

After Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers completed their half-time act I ran it back on my ViP 722 and watched the last portion again. As a Tom Petty + H fan I thought they did a fantastic job. Then I hit the "live" button. As a result, I missed the HD-DVD ad and don't even know whether it was on in the CKY area. ("CKY" means central Kentucky for you flatlanders.)

If I didn't already have the HD Xa2 I'd definitely go for the $149 HD-A3, that's a real value. I'm trying to persuade my daughter to buy one, maybe I'll have to kick in part of the price; then I can get to view her copies of HD movies for free. She was ready to get one at the local W-M when they had them for $98 at Christmas, but they sold out before she could get one. It's really too bad Warner has sold out, they have some great movies I'd like to see in HD.

Best to all.

Fitzie

:confused: Where are the trolls?

All I have read is alot of people didnt see it. I didnt either. I think we have established that it was not national.
Go back and read elwaylite posts in this thread. I rest my case. There is big difference between saying I didn't see it and all the extra BS.

Go back and read elwaylite posts in this thread. I rest my case. There is big difference between saying I didn't see it and all the extra BS.

17 of the 62 posts in this thread are by him. He would have a lot more credibility if he would state his point and move on. Being antagonistic only makes you look bad. What good does it do to have a high post count when the post quality is poor?

Back on topic (!) :D , I just went through my 722 recording of the game and it was not shown in my area. We got a comcast HD spot in it's place, and we don't even get Comcast!

I did, that just shows me you dont have much of a case.

Sure he responded several times in this thread, most of them were defending his views to you. I didnt see anything at the point that you made that comment that warranted it.

I guess I will be labeled a troll now too...:rolleyes:

I'm going to ignore the obvious and cheap tack here and leave your spelling and punctuation out of the equation... I'll just mention that I believe Elway was pointing out that OTHER people were also saying that the ad sucked.

Beyond that, I actually didn't think the ad was horrible, and it did mention "even your regular DVD collection looks great," which I guess was a quick way to fit in upconversion. Not one I would rank up there as a great SB commercial, though - more like something you'd see during a Saturday afternoon mid-level game on ESPNU or something...
Didn't know I was turning a English term paper. Not to mention heavy Superbowl drinking. I feel sorry for your folks.

I did, that just shows me you dont have much of a case.

Sure he responded several times in this thread, most of them were defending his views to you. I didnt see anything at the point that you made that comment that warranted it.

I guess I will be labeled a troll now too...:rolleyes:
You call 17 out 62 several??? I think very strong case.

You label yourself each time you open your mouth.

Okay, I did not see Toshiba's ad and I watched every second of the SuperBowl. Then afterwards I went online to watch the ad on YouTube and while they had every ad I saw they did not have Toshiba's ad. My local comes out of Raleigh, NC. So to be fair, does anyone have a site where I can go and see the ad? I found this ad so please tell me if it is the right one?

Toshiba Super Bowl Ad - Mahalo

Not a bad ad if it is the right one but it was not earthshattering either. But then again, most of the Superbowl ads this year were weak.

You call 17 out 62 several??? I think very strong case.

You label yourself each time you open your mouth.
Yes. What would you call it? You are welcome to your opinion of course. Just seems humorous that you come in crowing about an add that is going to sell SO MANY players, then when someone says (perhaps a little sarcasticly, but not much) that they didnt see it (the same thing many others said) you start with the troll comments.
Oh well, no big deal, your actions are just amusing to me

Okay, I did not see Toshiba's ad and I watched every second of the SuperBowl. Then afterwards I went online to watch the ad on YouTube and while they had every ad I saw they did not have Toshiba's ad. My local comes out of Raleigh, NC. So to be fair, does anyone have a site where I can go and see the ad? I found this ad so please tell me if it is the right one?

Toshiba Super Bowl Ad - Mahalo

Not a bad ad if it is the right one but it was not earthshattering either. But then again, most of the Superbowl ads this year were weak.

Read post #20 to find a link to the add.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1217550-post20.html

Yes. What would you call it? You are welcome to your opinion of course. Just seems humorous that you come in crowing about an add that is going to sell SO MANY players, then when someone says (perhaps a little sarcasticly, but not much) that they didnt see it (the same thing many others said) you start with the troll comments.
Oh well, no big deal, your actions are just amusing to me
It took 17 post to say I didn't see it??? Your right very amusing.

Back on topic it appears they blanketed the major markets to maximize dollar value. Smart if you ask me, as someone previous stated that covers huge amount of people at a lower cost. I personally would have done the national ad but we don't know if there were any national ads spots left for sale or other reasons. Anyway this appears to be the launch to their national ad blitz as I have seen the ad 10 plus times since the Superbowl. No doubt they are reaching people. Upcoming sales numbers may tell. Not sure if BD is still doing the buy a TV throw a free BD player in promotion. So sales numbers with that out there mean nothing.

I guess the direction of this thread should shift from those who claim they didn't see to how many time did you see it.

It took 17 post to say I didn't see it??? Your right very amusing.

Back on topic it appears they blanketed the major markets to maximize dollar value. Smart if you ask me, as someone previous stated that covers huge amount of people at a lower cost.
Read back and see who he was responding to in over HALF of them. You kept it going.
I agree with the the last part, even though I did not see it, I doubt my area would have been a high priority. I think it was a smart move also.

Read back and see who he was responding to in over HALF of them. You kept it going.
I agree with the the last part, even though I did not see it, I doubt my area would have been a high priority. I think it was a smart move also.
I didn't relize I was dealing with someone from Mississippi thats expalins alot.:D I guess everything is a very low priority there.

The ad did air here in Minneapolis.

It's too bad Toshiba wasn't advertising when color television was just starting out, they could have done a nice black & white ad. :haha

The ad did air here in Minneapolis.

It's too bad Toshiba wasn't advertising when color television was just starting out, they could have done a nice black & white ad. :haha
Color TV? What is that? Darn new fangled technology, we dont get that down here:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts