Did ya see the Toshiba Superbowl add. Should sell plenty of players!!!

Pretty funny, I watched the whole game and did not see the ad. 2.7 mil well spent :D
Must you be an azz all your life. Aren't you the one that gets mad when someone points the short comings for the Panasonic BD30.

Must you be an azz all your life. Aren't you the one that gets mad when someone points the short comings for the Panasonic BD30.

WOW, now we are resulting to insults. I HONESTLY did not see ONE HD-DVD ad the whole time. So, IMHO it was a waste. If that makes me an AZZ(as you spell it), then so be it.
And to CLARIFY, I dont get mad when someone points out shortcomings, I get mad when someone makes PQ statements that are unjustified. Maybe like you do on a normal basis :rolleyes:

All of the NY market saw it.

So NY now knows about HD-DVD. So far you are the only one that says they have seen it. It looks like most other markets did not show it. Toshiba was screwed if they wanted it to be national.

So NY now knows about HD-DVD. So far you are the only one that says they have seen it. It looks like most other markets did not show it. Toshiba was screwed if they wanted it to be national.

Exactly.

At this point, most did not even see the ad.

I guess since I posted this thread in the was zone it was only a matter of time before the BD trolls chimed in with their comments.

I guess since I posted this thread in the was zone it was only a matter of time before the BD trolls chimed it with their comments.

WOW again.

I can promise you as PAID supporter of this site and another, I did NOT see ONE HD-DVD ad.

If you think Im lying, so be it.

WOW again.

I can promise you as PAID supporter of this site and another, I did NOT see ONE HD-DVD ad.

If you think Im lying, so be it.
No one was asking you if you saw the ad. This plays right into your hands to take over this thread to talk about you not seeing the ad, nice try. The floor is yours...

A lot of people did not see the ad. Read other posts.

I did not see it either. Some markets went to local comercials at the time.

I recorded the game and just went through the halftime again, no sign of the commercial here. It must have been just some local buys, not a national buy.

I recorded the game and just went through the halftime again, no sign of the commercial here. It must have been just some local buys, not a national buy.

This sums it up.

The Digital Bits - Celebrating Film in the Digital Age

[FONT=arial, helvetica, courier, *] Talk about an anti-climax. Not the Superbowl - holy smokes was that a great game. You had a defensive slug-fest, but still you had some big plays and repeated lead changes, and in the end it came down to the last few seconds. It came down to who wanted it more and how much gas was left in the tank on each side.

No, I'm talking about Toshiba's big "hail mary" Superbowl ad buy. So I'm watching the game, keeping my eyes peeled for the ad to see what kind of big surprise the HD-DVD camp cooked up for the much-hyped spot. Would they go for humor, would they pull out a celebrity endorsement, would they announce some kind of surprise exclusive title? And then there it was, right before the halftime show. And the answer to all three questions was: Nope. Now, maybe it was different in different markets around the country. But the spot I saw here in Southern California, talking about how great Toshiba's high-definition DVD format is... was broadcast in standard definition. And it was window boxed. And THAT was the only surprise.

Okkaaaaaaaayyy. Maybe not the route I would've gone, but you know... whatever. Turns out Toshiba must have spent their ad money locally rather than nationally, and then selectively because we're already hearing from readers that the spot didn't even air in many markets around the country.
[/FONT]
Sorry, but I wanted to reinforce the fact other did not see it too. Bill summarized my thoughts perfectly.

The ads a complete joke if if you did see it. HD-DVD has nothing left, its dying. Lets face it. Their goal is to dump the hardware and then thats it.

Honestly, if you were losing the war, is this the best you'd come up with in a commercial?

Here is the NY Market it was the 2nd ad after the band finished performing on the halftime show. It was shown in hi def.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)