Did you get a free Roku offer?

Free Roku

• Yes

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters
If I understand, you are looking at backwards. It's the Pandora site that links your account to a Roku. I go to the Amazon Site to register it on the Roku, I go to HBO GO online to register it on the Roku. The Roku gives you a code that you input online, at the site of the company. I could be wrong I don't remember anything that needs to be registered done on Roku itself other than getting a code generated.

Once registered I just click and use it. HBO GO does make you re-register I think every 30 days to be sure you still subscribe with your carrier.

Yesterday I was faced with inputting user id and password on the Roku for Pandora; I walked away to face it again later... Later, as in today, I revisited the Pandora app on Roku to finish getting my account linked up, and the Roku said to go to Pandora.com/roku to get the registration code. I put the code in the Roku and Bob's your uncle! Every day's a learning experience.

Amazon-A day after, but you have to pay $2.99 per episode for the HD Version (720P only and looks more like 480P), $1.99 for SD.
Netflix-A year after.
My advice, try Vudu if you are going to pay, same price as Amazon, great 1080P picture, almost Blu-Ray quality
Thanks! Does The Walking Dead hit Vudu that quickly too? (SD... what's that?!) Vudu has great HD quality. Never watched something from Amazon before, so can't compare.

I did not get an email. I called the loyalty number . Got a great CSR! looked at my account and said the Roku is on the way, Less than 1 minute.

I just set up pandora a little while ago. It gave 2 options, sign in with your username & password to sync with existing account or use activation code for a free unregistered account.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

I just set up pandora a little while ago. It gave 2 options, sign in with your username & password to sync with existing account or use activation code for a free unregistered account.
You can use the activation code method with a registered account. It's much easier than trying to enter your login into the Roku.

Everyone that is getting the Roku from Dish, did they charge you for it then give you a credit on your account? When I called they said they needed a credit card for the Roku and the $39 for the new season of Breaking Bad. They said they would then credit my account for the Roku and the $39. I told them I didn't need or want a Roku since I have an Apple TV, Smart Tv and Blu-Ray.

mackie99 said:
Everyone that is getting the Roku from Dish, did they charge you for it then give you a credit on your account? When I called they said they needed a credit card for the Roku and the $39 for the new season of Breaking Bad. They said they would then credit my account for the Roku and the $39. I told them I didn't need or want a Roku since I have an Apple TV, Smart Tv and Blu-Ray.

No charge for me, I have checked my account. I know they informed people that they need to
Have a credit card on file with roku so if you use any of the subscription services

Based on every other post here, I'm thinking you misunderstood. They ask if you have a credit card only to be sure you can use the services of Amazon (or whoever) to stream the AMC shows. And think about it, charging you $39, then you pay $39 to watch, then Dish refunds $39, means you payed $39. Had you continued you would have had a Roku and at least a $39 credit.

I programmed my 40.0 to control the Roku. MUCH better than the Roku remote. Don't have to worry about losing it. Also better since the 40.0 can control volume.

Just noticeing how close the poll is for yes and no. It is real close with the no's. I don't know if people answered no if they did not want/ask for a roku

Last edited:
Yea the poll should have been more specific.That said I really just wanted to get a rough estimate of how many rokus dish was sending out.Should have had another choice for I declined the offer I suppose.

I programmed my 40.0 to control the Roku. MUCH better than the Roku remote. Don't have to worry about losing it. Also better since the 40.0 can control volume.

Interesting...I wonder if the 21.0 remote can run the roku.I sort of figure no,but I'll try it directly.

$79.99 might be the MSRP, but I'm sure that's not what Dish is paying Roku for each of them. At the very least they're getting some sort of wholesale or bulk discount. I'd imagine they probably even negotiated something better than that.

I bet Dish is paying about 10 to 25 cents on the dollar for each re-manufactured Roku box.

Ghpr13:)

No it doesn't. Pandora uses the activation code method, like most Roku channels.

OTOH, Netflix requires account login to be entered into the Roku, which is a pain. It used to use the activation code method, once upon a time, as well.
If you have an iPhone, the roku app let's gives you a keyboard. makes entering things and searching easier for me.

Android does have an offical Roku app. It works through the Router, so your Android has to be connected via Wifi on the same network the Roku is, so you don't have to point it. It does not work using IR just Wifi. It will find any Roku on the network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)