Didh HD Channel Duplication?

mhtmr

Original poster
Oct 6, 2010
NW Colorado
Greetings all,
I just upgraded to a Dish 612 DVR and 1000.2 (?) dish and am receiving 110/119/129 very well in Colorado. The HD channels look great but I'm wondering why there are so many duplicate channels. For example, The Denver NBC affiliate is available on (Dish) ch 9 (like it was in SD on my 510DVR) as well as up in the 4 digit chs (where I would expect the HD chs. on 129). Both look identical (HD quality) and show exactly the same ch. "info". Now if I remeber correctly, these transponder assets are very valuable so it's hard to imagine why there are so many (maybe 10) chs. duplicated. Any explanation would be appreciated!
I've considered the possibility that I'm not getting HD quality on any ch but the quality seems much too good for SD and the "format" on the remote is controlling the HD (not SD) aspect ratio.

Marty

The channels are NOT duplicated, they are actually located in the 4 digit numbers and mapped to the lower number so that they are easy to find.

Lock out the higher numbers. Be careful though, as some only appear in the higher range.

I've tried locking out the higher number channels to prevent duplicates in search listings. But then I see "Locked Event" in the schedule and recording lists even though it's on the lower channel. What's up with that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)