Digital TV transition OTA issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimbo

I can't find an OTA reset on my receiver. Under RESET, I have " factory" and "receiver" resets. I think "receiver" is the same as the reset button. Under ANTENNA SETUP, I have only "re-scan", no OTA reset.

Jimbo

I can't find an OTA reset on my receiver. Under RESET, I have " factory" and "receiver" resets. I think "receiver" is the same as the reset button. Under ANTENNA SETUP, I have only "re-scan", no OTA reset.

With mine, remember, could have different rec's ... I go to :
Menu > Set Up > System Set Up > Sat and Ant > Antenna Set Up >
then I have
Initial Set Up
Edit Off Air Channels
Reset Setting

I chose Reset Settings, this will clear the memory ...

If yours are different I would have to look thru the different ones and see what they say, one will say something about clearing memory.

Jimbo

Receiver Model: HR21-700 with AM21
DMA/Market: Ft Wayne, IN - OTA (secondary market, Lima, OH)
Zip Code: 45891
Channel Call Letters: W61CZ (Low Power station for 3ABN)
Channel Number Showing in Guide: None, thats the problem
Issue(s): Post transition, I rescanned on the AM21 and everything looked good.

Rescanned on the TV itself (hooked to same antenna) and 23.1-23.4 popped up.

Does the AM21 only "know about" channels D* sends them or do they really scan off the air?

Jimbo

Do the re scan then.

Receiver Model: HR21-700 with AM21
DMA/Market: Ft Wayne, IN - OTA (secondary market, Lima, OH)
Zip Code: 45891
Channel Call Letters: W61CZ (Low Power station for 3ABN)
Channel Number Showing in Guide: None, thats the problem
Issue(s): Post transition, I rescanned on the AM21 and everything looked good.

Rescanned on the TV itself (hooked to same antenna) and 23.1-23.4 popped up.

Does the AM21 only "know about" channels D* sends them or do they really scan off the air?

From what I understand, the D* branded rec's do NOT scan, they go by the database that is supplied to D*.

What's the procedure then to let them know they're missing channels? Or is it up to the ATSC content provider to get listed?

EKG

Good news today, and bad news. First the good news. I rescanned this morning and am now picking up WPTD 16 with their current lineup. :) The bad news, I can't get a signal and just receive the 771 error. Program guide looks good with 16.1HD on down to 16.5. Just no signal yet. Tried rescanning, restarting receiver and nothing. :confused:

Good news today, and bad news. First the good news. I rescanned this morning and am now picking up WPTD 16 with their current lineup. :) The bad news, I can't get a signal and just receive the 771 error. Program guide looks good with 16.1HD on down to 16.5. Just no signal yet. Tried rescanning, restarting receiver and nothing. :confused:
Problem solved. Rescanned and suddenly there they were. Looks like it wasn't the HR20-700 after all. Amazing how many cogs can make something simple be a pain in the ass.

Oh well, got my channels. :)

Good to see all is resolved !
Thanks Jimbo. By the way, has Directv picked up any Ohio area PBS stations in HD up your way? That's the main reason I have an OTA anyway. No PBS or CW channels are carried in HD by Directv down here towards Cincy.

I've contacted the local PBS channels and they blame Directv. I've called Directv and they say it's PBS Cincy that's holding it up. :confused:

Thanks Jimbo. By the way, has Directv picked up any Ohio area PBS stations in HD up your way? That's the main reason I have an OTA anyway. No PBS or CW channels are carried in HD by Directv down here towards Cincy.

I've contacted the local PBS channels and they blame Directv. I've called Directv and they say it's PBS Cincy that's holding it up. :confused:

I cannot answer your question as I too use OTA and don't get the D* supplied channels, I'll have to ask a few friends and see what they say.

Jimbo

Receiver Model: HR20
DMA/Market: Miami / WPB FL
Zip Code: 33073
Channel Call Letters: 10-1 10-2
Channel Number Showing in Guide:10-1 10-2
Issue(s): Channel seems to be mapped to the wrong broadcast freq. channel 10-1 10-2 moved from broadcast channel 9 to 10 after the transition, I think it is still looking at 9

Forgot to post last week, but looks like Cincy area PBS (48 CET) now is in HD via Directv. Great picture and 5.1 sound. :D

am21 off air tuner

i just had a new h21 hd receiver installed with a am 21 by mastech direct tv installers last friday and so far no problem i guess they finally got the correct software installed. also there was no charge for the am21.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Old DirectTV dish and receivers - junk or not?

nfl sunday ticket SD and HD channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)