DIRECTV Raises TV Prices

They used to have packages lower than Entertainment like Family and Select. I don't think they have RSNs either
What is the preferred Xtra package on DIRECTV?

The key points is that Preferred Xtra is similiar to Xtra, but removes most sports channels (except ESPN and ESPN2), so no RSN fee as no RSNs, and adds in a few channels such as Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

• Wow
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
I’m already at $130 now . Looking at a $7 increase after my price lock ends . That’s in 2025 though so I’m sure I’ll go up another $7 again . They really need to end the DVR fees and all those nonsense ones.

They claim to me that if I have the protection plan that I get upgraded to the newest equipment every 2 years for free. Not sure how true that is . They said I can’t get the 4k receivers without paying extra for them.

I’m already at $130 now . Looking at a $7 increase after my price lock ends . That’s in 2025 though so I’m sure I’ll go up another $7 again . They really need to end the DVR fees and all those nonsense ones.

They claim to me that if I have the protection plan that I get upgraded to the newest equipment every 2 years for free. Not sure how true that is . They said I can’t get the 4k receivers without paying extra for them.
Mine is $145 and that includes $30 off Choice for 12 months until 12/10/23 (after that, about a whopping $175!).
Is the DVR fee separate on your bill? It’s not for me.
I’m not sure how true the every 2 year upgrade w/PP is either. I got it around 2020, so 2020 + 2 years = 2022 + 2 years = 2024. I think I recall getting told about my option to upgrade in 2022, but I declined the offer.

Yes, they could drop the HD & the DVR FEE (its part of the Advanced recvr fee ... but its still there, yes, they still Charge for HD ... ugh)

Mine is $145 and that includes $30 off Choice for 12 months until 12/10/23 (after that, about a whopping $175!).
Is the DVR fee separate on your bill? It’s not for me.
I’m not sure how true the every 2 year upgrade w/PP is either. I got it around 2020, so 2020 + 2 years = 2022 + 2 years = 2024. I think I recall getting told about my option to upgrade in 2022, but I declined the offer.
So, they offer you to Upgrade free ... to what, they haven't had a new recvr in ages.
I don't want CLIENTS. Or the Gemini box.

Definitely the Genie 2.
Also don't want the Genie 2 or 3 or 17 ... if it doesn't have a recvr in it.

They are D*'s way of being CHEAP and getting away with it.

I know there are other reasons they went that way ....

How about doing something FOR the Customer other than making the Experience worse for them ?