DIRECTV Raises TV Prices

I wouldn't say that most people use a Directv box when camping, but it certainly isn't uncommon.
There are oddball cases for everything and I get why some folks want to hold onto old equipment. But, while I have no access to the numbers, I doubt very much it's even a blip on the radar at this point. To be clear, my statement about HS17 and minis was simply to point out that it works as designed. Anyone expecting any new equipment (I don't really think the Gemini is anything earthshaking, especially with a contract extension) is just fooling themselves.

Anyway...we're way off-topic now. The one thing that's kept me with DTV is the ability to negotiate (within reason) prices.

Reactions: raoul5788
Also don't want the Genie 2 or 3 or 17 ... if it doesn't have a recvr in it.

They are D*'s way of being CHEAP and getting away with it.

I know there are other reasons they went that way ....

How about doing something FOR the Customer other than making the Experience worse for them ?
lets start with putting customer service back in the usa and have em well trained along with some of the techs

There are oddball cases for everything and I get why some folks want to hold onto old equipment. But, while I have no access to the numbers, I doubt very much it's even a blip on the radar at this point. To be clear, my statement about HS17 and minis was simply to point out that it works as designed. Anyone expecting any new equipment (I don't really think the Gemini is anything earthshaking, especially with a contract extension) is just fooling themselves.

Anyway...we're way off-topic now. The one thing that's kept me with DTV is the ability to negotiate (within reason) prices.
we were told to avoid the gemini boxes as there crap

• Wow
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Have you found a way to go camping and get D* Without a Box (and Internet)
Sure. Just use your phone as a hotspot.
I'm not watching TV on my 6" phone screen ....

Thats WHY we have 65" screens .... I have a 40" in the RV set up.

6" TV doesn't cut it ...

I remember when we had 13" Tv's, it was Dreadful.
your phones hotspot can supply more then enough bandwidth to support a 40” inch TV in a RV

I'm not watching TV on my 6" phone screen ....

Thats WHY we have 65" screens .... I have a 40" in the RV set up.

6" TV doesn't cut it ...

I remember when we had 13" Tv's, it was Dreadful.
I should have added that you can then cast it to the tv.