Direct HD Receiver and Real Tivo?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mitsufan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
I've got a Series II Tivo (the real one) and I wanted to get HD feed again. I used to have Dish but thier new HD receivers won't work w/ my Tivo unit. So does anyone know if I can use Direct's HD receiver and my Tivo unit. I don't want to pay for more DVR as I have the lifetime Tivo connection.

Sure, you should be able to control a H20 with a TiVo. You won't be making HD recordings, but it is usable to record HD channels "downconverted" to 480i.

Sure, you should be able to control a H20 with a TiVo. You won't be making HD recordings, but it is usable to record HD channels "downconverted" to 480i.

I know that I'm not going to be viewing things in HD on Tivo and the downside going the route I am. Does D have coax out that I then run to the Tivo box?

The HD receivers do not have a traditional RF output over coax. They have HDMI/Component/s-video/composite. I thought series 2 tivos had composite inputs on them?

In any case, you could always use an rf modulator to convert the composite output to vhf modulated coax.

TiVos come with a s-video and composite video input for external box control. Use the s-video input. You will also need to find your IR blasters if you don't already know where they are.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

using superdish?

Stuck with a 3 LNB dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)