Direct tv Gennie 44 Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sportman I'm warning you, stop cluttering the directv forum. We've been more than patient with you and all your questions but no matter how many times we answer you repeat the same questions dozens of times. I'm not doing this dance with you anymore.

If anyone answers your questions correctly the thread will be closed. I ask you to please not create more threads on the same subject, making a mess in this forum. Thanks...

Rey I apologies try to figure out my Direct 44HD where should I put all my questions about the Direct 44HD please get back to me

Tell you what sportsman, you will have your own thread to place all your directv questions. I will rename this one and merge a few with it. Please remember to use this thread. This way you get your help and we keep things organized. :)

He gets an HR44 AND his own thread!?!?! Not fair!!! haha

Go to channel 362.
Wait until it tells you to press the red button.
Press the red button.
Notice the yellow highlighted "Forecast" icon. Press the right arrow twice. You should see the yellow highlight on "My Cities."
Press select.
Scroll down the the bottom where it says "Change Home Zip".
Press select.
Input your zip code with the number keys.
If "submit" is not highlighted in yellow, press the down arrow. Otherwise, press select.
On the new screen, press the left arrow over to "exit." Press select when exit is yellow.

Tell you what sportsman, you will have your own thread to place all your directv questions. I will rename this one and merge a few with it. Please remember to use this thread. This way you get your help and we keep things organized. :)

Can I have my own thread? Im not sure what I would do there though... maybe just complain about my job with other techs.... oh.. wait.. we have our own forum here for that lol... yea nvm... I guess Im good.

And sportsman Im almost scared to ask, but what sort of question do you have that would be considered private on a public forum. You do realize aside from techs none of us work directly for DirecTV, and even the techs are HSP installers or contractors to my knowledge. So no one here can assist you with anything to that nature.

It's just a thread for his questions on the hr44. Better than 10 threads that become useless and need to be closed or merged like this one :)
Any of us can decide to answer a question or ignore the thread all together. Personally I've given all the help I can and tried to make everyone happy by getting rid of the clutter. I'm done.

Anyway it be best to leave this thread for directv questions.

An account question might best be handled by Directv.

The Hr44 uses a completely different RF protocol and so has a different remote, the RC71. Older DirecTv remotes will control the HR44 in IR but not RF. The Rc71 will control the HR34 (and other DirecTV boxes) in IR but not RF.

The Hr44 uses a completely different RF protocol and so has a different remote, the RC71. Older DirecTv remotes will control the HR44 in IR but not RF. The Rc71 will control the HR34 (and other DirecTV boxes) in IR but not RF.

Tex, was there any explanation why they did this ?

I could see if it was just a newer type of remote and an option, but now if you upgrade to the 44's the remotes you now have thruout your home won't work that unit if your one of the many that use RF signal.

Personally, I think it's a dumb idea.

I am closing this thread sportman. This was for your directv questions only. You were banned there which isn't our problem but wonder if it was for what I suspect......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

installation no show?

needing some basic router config advice for GenieGo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)