Directv contract with Fox networks coming up...AGREEMENT REACHED

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can't argue that, and I know a whole bunch of Southwest and Midwest College sports fans who will be freaking out.
is the big ten network in jeopardy with this dispute? luckily the good college games are generally kept off RSNs and are on ESPN/ABC/NBC/CBS, although I guess some people get their ACC or SEC network affiliate on an RSN.

Guys, this all comes down to two companies posturing over contract negotiations. Neither one of them can afford to let the situation get totally out of hand. FOX wants X and D* is offering A. They will meet somewhere between those two points in the Alphabet and all will be well. If some channels go dark for a few days...big deal. :)

is the big ten network in jeopardy with this dispute?

not that I show. On the full time channels there is a -1 channel now with the info about the possible removal. 610-1 doesnt exist (no channel available)

Your big Nationaly known teams like Notre Dame, Duke, Ohio State, Army, Navy, etc. won't suffer so much. But your smaller schools rely on RSNs more. Yesterday, my college UMass took on my wife's UNH at Guillette Stadium. That game was on CSN New England, which isn't being threatened to be pulled, but if it was, and we had DirecTV like my inlaws do, we would be relly mad not being able to see it. P.S., UNH won, whoopty-freaking-doo

This must be some kind of hoax, because this NEVER happens at Directv. Never, never, ever....or so we've been told for years!!! Just saw a national ad on the Viking's game....first I heard of it.

This must be some kind of hoax, because this NEVER happens at Directv.

yeah it does. Versus and G4 ring a bell. But we've still got 9 days left before its time to panic :)
I guess we're so use to hearing Dish pulling channels its different when you hear Directv has contract issues coming up

most of those are part time HD such as NFL ST, MLB EI, Nascar, NBA LP, etc. The 600s are all RSNs, they're like local channels.

Jimbo - I'd consider going to Comcast or U-Verse to be honest. I'd rather they dump the Faux news channels than ones that show good programming.

I don't see them going down .... but thats just my opinion.

Your big Nationaly known teams like Notre Dame, Duke, Ohio State, Army, Navy, etc. won't suffer so much. But your smaller schools rely on RSNs more. Yesterday, my college UMass took on my wife's UNH at Guillette Stadium. That game was on CSN New England, which isn't being threatened to be pulled, but if it was, and we had DirecTV like my inlaws do, we would be relly mad not being able to see it. P.S., UNH won, whoopty-freaking-doo
FSN has 1 or 2 games that are regional, usually a game from the Big 12 and a game from the Pac 12. These aren't the marquee matchups like you pointed out, so I don't think too many people will mind missing out on Iowa State vs Kansas :p
I don't see them going down .... but thats just my opinion.
Well I'm not going to cancel prematurely, I just don't like the fact that D* is saying that they will drop them when they have been given the opportunity to keep them during negotiations. I mean that right there makes me mad at D* more than News Corp in this whole WE WANT MORE MONEY game

Well I'm not going to cancel prematurely, I just don't like the fact that D* is saying that they will drop them when they have been given the opportunity to keep them during negotiations. I mean that right there makes me mad at D* more than News Corp in this whole WE WANT MORE MONEY game

It's just posturing during the negotiations ....

I agree. Lots of smaller college games on the RSN's
Also college hockey on the RSN's...

But I hope next week we can close the thread out with a "well that was much hoopla for nothing" as we're watching FX, Nat Geo or the RSN's

Fox is really playing hardball, telling viewers to go to other providers during a football game...INCLUDING showing the Dish logo!!

Fox is really playing hardball, telling viewers to go to other providers during a football game.

and they did it last year when the contract was up with Dish...oh go with Comcast or Directv
and they'll do it when the contract comes up with ________________ (fill in the black of a cable company). Go to Dish or Directv
and they'll do it with Fios or U-Verse or whoever else is out there that carries the channels.

Like I say...I'll start worrying about this time next week if nothing is done or no extension is in place

and they did it last year when the contract was up with Dish...oh go with Comcast or Directv
and they'll do it when the contract comes up with ________________ (fill in the black of a cable company). Go to Dish or Directv
and they'll do it with Fios or U-Verse or whoever else is out there that carries the channels.

Like I say...I'll start worrying about this time next week if nothing is done or no extension is in place
Why aren't you watching the Vikings game??;)

Why don't you try reading for once. I've explained TWICE why D* is playing hardball, and people like you are completely oblivious. Go back to page 10 and educate yourself before you start growing a wool coat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts