Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It certainly did seem to come out of the blue. TV Land has the Viacom crawl plus the DirecTV crawl running at the same time now. The DirecTV crawl stating "It's unlikely but Viacom could suspend this channel on July 11. Please see DIRECTVpromise.com. Viacom, who owns this channels, wants you to pay 30% more ($1 billion extra) to get the same networks without any choice." The directvpromise.com site isn't even updated yet.

Viacom has this site up: DirecTV is dropping MTV, Nick, Comedy and 23 others | WhenDirecTVDrops

Dan

i've always wondered if the media conglomerates share these domains, and who does these awful designs? viacom has nothing i'll miss besides comedy central but i can watch colbert/stewart online the next day. i'd be more than shocked if these two didn't reach an agreement

my favorite bit is that viacom makes all of these peaceful and fair agreements. does anyone remember the TWC y2k like scare a few years ago?

Lkr said:
i've always wondered if the media conglomerates share these domains. viacom has nothing i'll miss besides comedy central but i can watch colbert/stewart online the next day

I had no idea Viacom controlled 26 stations. Situations like this are why the rules allowing companies to own multiple channels are ridiculous. Agree to our terms or we're pulling 26 channels. With 26, there's bound to be at least one channel in there that each household values.

My brother has Direct at his house and will not be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My son just told me that a few minutes ago on comedy central it said to call directv now to stop from losing comedy central and 25 other stations tomorrow. WTF?

They may own 26 stations but 1/2 aren't on Directv (or Dish for that matter)

The ones on D*
MTV
MTV2
VH1
VH1 Classic
CMT
TV Land
BET
Palladia
Spike
Logo
Comedy
Nick
Nick Jr
Teenick
NickToons
Centric

List of assets owned by Viacom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not too concerned if DTV is running all 26 channels or not, What concerns me is that list you posted is a list of some very good programming. What a shame to see those go off the air even for a short period of time without notice from DTV, even if it is a blindside move by Viacom. Shame on both sides for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know about this until about 8:30 PM PT. Looks like we could lose 26 Viacom channels tomorrow.

DirecTV to Drop 26 Viacom Channels at Midnight on Tuesday, July 10 – Blog.Viacom

This is now trending in the US on twitter (or at least, DirecTV itself is). Interesting how Viacom doesn't bother to list all 26 channels at risk on their crappy website, but only the top half a dozen. I mean, we wouldn't want anybody to actually know about the other 20 complete crap channels customers are forced to pay for, right? :rolleyes:

This is now trending in the US on twitter (or at least, DirecTV itself is). Interesting how Viacom doesn't bother to list all 26 channels at risk on their crappy website, but only the top half a dozen. I mean, we wouldn't want anybody to actually know about the other 20 complete crap channels customers are forced to pay for, right? :rolleyes:

I think Iceberg had them all. There definitely aren't 26 on DirecTV. The only one I think Iceberg missed was MTV t3es, so 16 total.

Directv opened up a bunch of -1 channels with the Mike White loop about it
(had to change favorites to all to see them) ;)

I believe they will settle it but may get extended or go without it a few days but Direct is good at settling disputes :)

Anybody got video / pictures of both of them with their crawls on the channels at the same time?

I just read that Showtime may be pulled too? Are they Viacom?

Update: According to Wikipedia, Showtime isn't Viacom but owned by CBS...

Last edited:
DJ Rob said:
I just read that Showtime may be pulled too? Are they Viacom?

I'd be shocked if they pulled a premium. If palladia is pulled I'll probably get rid of HD extra though

Sent from my iPhone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)