Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Gone for Now

PART_1341979017662.jpg

And now the technical difficulties screen has been replaced by this...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-10 at 11.57.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-10 at 11.57.22 PM.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 273
Statement from Viacom

[h=6]We are disappointed that DirecTV refused to negotiate with us and renew carriage of our channels. As a result, DirecTV dropped our channels at 11:46pm this evening. Given the opportunity, we will continue to work towards a resolution. We will keep you updated on our progress and encourage you to make your voice heard to DirecTV.

Thank you for your support and for helping to make our channels the most watched on DirecTV.
[/h]

Wouldn't it be nice of these guys were all honest for a change?

But then, judging from Twitter this morning, DirecTV is losing the PR war to Viacom; many people are convinced that DirecTV was going to pull the plug on the channels (ignoring that they really have no incentive to do so). I'm sure many of the same are going to be convinced that this is all DirecTV's fault since Viacom can put up whatever message they want, even if it's a bald-faced lie.

Guess it pays to have DISH for once. :D Now if only AMC can come back before Walking Dead then I won't have to have a serious chat with the bill payer about switching to Cox for the first time in 10 years.

I thought for sure they would figure something about before midnight.

funny how one side (Viacrap) says Directv pulled the plug
Directv says Viacrap did

Well, we now know for sure it was Viacom. The Comedy Central cut was so ragged it HAD to be done outside of DirecTV. Their staff is too professional to let that kind of nonsense happen. And fifteen minutes early.....Viacom can go to Hell.

All of the Viacom Channels have now been removed from the DIRECTV guide and moved to DTV labeled channels starting in the 8200's.

Looks like the Nick Channels will soon air the DIRECTV Kids Mix channel.

Would be fun to read their Emails between the execs at both companies like those that were put out when the whole Tribune fiasco happened. These programmers are simply worried that their cash cow will eventually run out as more people use alternative means to watch their shows via the Internet. In this economy, they shouldn't be expecting such a huge rate increase. This is crazy how these disputes are becoming commonplace amoung all the cable/satellite providers.

All of the Viacom Channels have now been removed from the DIRECTV guide and moved to DTV labeled channels starting in the 8200's.

Looks like the Nick Channels will soon air the DIRECTV Kids Mix channel.

You mean I didn't HAVE to do it manually? :rant: ;)

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what DirecTV replaces Viacom's ... stuff ... with.

Well, we now know for sure it was Viacom. The Comedy Central cut was so ragged it HAD to be done outside of DirecTV. Their staff is too professional to let that kind of nonsense happen. And fifteen minutes early.....Viacom can go to Hell.

What did the cut look like? That could explain the "technical difficulties" screen. If they lost the program source then that screen probably auto-fires so that the viewer doesn't see a black screen.

Would be fun to read their Emails between the execs at both companies like those that were put out when the whole Tribune fiasco happened. These programmers are simply worried that their cash cow will eventually run out as more people use alternative means to watch their shows via the Internet. In this economy, they shouldn't be expecting such a huge rate increase. This is crazy how these disputes are becoming commonplace amoung all the cable/satellite providers.

if the emails aren't as enjoyable as the Cablevision vs Fox feud emails then It won't be worth reading. ;)

mike123abc said:
I wonder if Dish's tough stance with AMC signaled DIRECTV? If DIRECTV stands firm, I wonder if cable would get the signal? Perhaps it is a pipe dream, but it would be nice to see cable/sat prices stabilize with no more than CPI increases, instead of 3x-5x CPI...

Hoping it true.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)