DIRECTV HR34 Home Media Center

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered one of these from Solid Signal. Maybe it will be here some time next week. I guess I should be ok with the current set up. I have a SWM LNB going to a SWM 4 way splitter. I will have the HR34 with 5 tuners, one HR24 with 2 tuners, and one H25 with 1 tuner. That is 8 tuners so I guess I am in good shape there.

I'm assuming it's a typo at the end of this posting where it talks about a Directv TiVo unit.

http://www.tvpredictions.com/dreceiver120411.htm

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am hearing the TIVO will be available on Thursday as well, but I don't have anything in writing from DIRECTV on it like I do for the HR34.

huh. It'd better integrate well with existing accounts or what's the point? Otherwise, I can see this fragmenting the Directv brainshare.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Scott,

Can I order from Solid Signal and get a rebate as a current customer? Does the rebate come from DirecTV, how do you apply for the rebate, do any customers qualify? I'd love to replace my HR24 with a HR34.

John

I don't know about the prices other then what I posted here... I would ASSume that the $99 price is for new customers and not existing customers. Since the email was sent out to retailers, retailers are only interested in new customers and not normally upgrades.

I dont know if he does DIRECTV receivers or only does new customer sign ups, but you could always call up and ask. :D

bobvick said:
I do not mean to ask something that has already been answered, but I would like a little clarification. Will existing subscribers be able to call DirecTv on Thursday, and upgrade, say a HR24 for a HR34? And then DTV will issue a $300 rebate in some form or another?

Any ideas ??? Is this one of those $50/mo on your bill credits up to $300?

It sounds like the HR34 is just like the current series of HRx receivers, except that it has 5 tuners rather than 2 and adds support for RVU devices. So it will communicate with the other Hx and HRx receivers through DECA and MRV.

Remote viewing requires a model H25 HD Receiver(s) or RVU-capable TV in each additional room,

This part of the fine print is what was confusing to me...Is "remote veiwing" different than "whole home DVR"?

This part of the fine print is what was confusing to me...Is "remote veiwing" different than "whole home DVR"?
Good catch. I didn't see that part and had to look at that again. Looks like if you don't have an RVU-capable TV, you can use an H25 as a RVU Box. But then you would still have to pay the extra $6/month because you have a 2nd receiver on the account right? Even if you buy a H25 instead of leasing it? If that's the case, I'll wait and see if D* releases their C30 RVU client and see the details for that box. To me if you can buy the C30 client and not be charged the extra $6/month, it could save customers some money in the long-term.

Last edited:
I've read that they will charge per active RVU, so there is no savings on receiver fees. It will make for a cleaner install though.

and if they do and cable does not or cables all vid does not have a per TV fee and then directv will be in big trouble.

Status
Please reply by conversation.