Dish 1000 and locals at 105 sat location?

rgerst

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 7, 2006
Fairhope, AL
I currently have a superdish pointed at 105 (locals)/110/119 with a dp34 feeding a 510 and a 301. I have a HD ready TV and I am thinking about upgrading to the the Silver HD package w/locals and a 622 when it is available. I am located in the Mobile, AL DMA (#63 I believe). I have read quite a few posts about the Dish 1000 but I need a little clarification before I try to open the wife's purse strings. Will I need a 2nd dish installed so that I can pull in the HD content from 129 or 61.5? Can the 622 replace the need for a 301 on my 2nd TV? Thanks for the help!!

Last edited:
I can answer at least part of that. Assuming that the Mobile locals stay at 105 then you would need a 2nd dish. I'm not sure if there would be plans to move those once the new bird is up or not. The 622 can replace the need for the 301. You'll just need to make sure that there is cable connecting the TV 1 location and the TV 2 location. The best part is you will actually have access to all your DVR'd programs on you TV 2 as well.

I like the dual tuner ability with the 622 but I am not sure I want a 2nd dish on my roof. I may just wait until they come up with a single dish solution. Is there talk of moving some of the locals to another sat once the Echostar X is in orbit?

I haven't heard any talk of it, but that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. The extra dish isn't that big of a deal. I felt the same way, but once it is threre it is there. No biggie

No problem. 1 more note. If you get the 622 any additional hardware you need (dish, switches, etc.) will be included as part of the $299 price. So at least you'll be set there as well.

It will be your super dish and a wing dish aimed at 129 mixed into a dpp44 switch but thats if the 129 can be seen from your local wich I think it should be possible.

lakebum431 said:
No problem. 1 more note. If you get the 622 any additional hardware you need (dish, switches, etc.) will be included as part of the $299 price. So at least you'll be set there as well.

Will this include an OTA antenna for my HD locals? I don't expect E* to add the HD locals for this DMA until sometime in 07 or 08.:(

If I remember right, there was talk of this on the last retailer chat. The way I remember it being presented was there is a $50 fee for this antenna, but it may be waived in certain conditions (what those conditions are, I don't know). Maybe one of the retailers can chime in with some more details here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts