DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

I dont even think a Settlement gives us a guarantee that AMC will come back to dish TBH. Especially if the court is leaning towards AMC winning the case.
A settlement will almost definitely mean AMC will be back on Dish. Since a settlement is an agreement by both parties, it is unlikely that AMC would agree to anything that doesn't have them back on Dish.

A settlement will almost definitely mean AMC will be back on Dish. Since a settlement is an agreement by both parties, it is unlikely that AMC would agree to anything that doesn't have them back on Dish.
I say puck the dolans and their sh!tty amc!!! I can still hope.
I think have a better chance of that then voom ever coming back.:eek:

I am still bummed out losing Voom, AMC, and especially WE TV.

I am also bummed out by the loss of IFC and Sundance, and those two channels can never come back, because the Dolans have been systematically dropping all the original programming that made those two channels good, so even if they re-appear on Dish, they will still be hosed.

trial blib from monday:

When the jurors were out of the courtroom today, lawyers for both sides argued about other Dish documents. AMC’s Snyder said he was “suspicious” that Dish was hiding evidence again. Dish’s lawyer, Charles Kerr, said these communications shouldn’t be shown to the jury because they represented attorney-client discussions.

“Considering the track record of your company,” (Judge) Lowe said to Dish’s lawyer, “you sort of lack credibility.” The judge ordered that the documents be presented to him.

I'm curious.Does anyone have a idea about how many customers Dish lost when they dropped the AMC Channel. It had to be a lot with high rated shows such as Hell On Wheels,Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead on AMC. Pretty stupid on Dish's part !

I'm curious.Does anyone have a idea about how many customers Dish lost when they dropped the AMC Channel. It had to be a lot with high rated shows such as Hell On Wheels,Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead on AMC. Pretty stupid on Dish's part !

I think people have been overvaluing these AMC shows since they were dropped. I've never watched any of these shows and none of my coworkers or family members that I know of do either. I know according to some people on certain websites that losing AMC would be the death of DISH, but definitely overblown IMO

Only one that's ever interested me is Hell on wheels and I havent' missed an episode yet. Tried Breaking Bad on Netflix and found it extremely boring.

yes everyone has their own tastes, but keep in mind that "walking dead" is the highest-rated basic cable drama of all time in the U.S. you may not have taken notice, but others sure have. consider for a second, what "of all time" really means to understand how popular this show is - and it isn't on dish.

mikeinaustin said:
yes everyone has their own tastes, but keep in mind that "walking dead" is the highest-rated basic cable drama of all time in the U.S. you may not have taken notice, but others sure have. consider for a second, what "of all time" really means to understand how popular this show is - and it isn't on dish.

Didn't the "hattfields and mccoys" miniseries take that crown away from TWD?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

ronfelder said:
Only one that's ever interested me is Hell on wheels and I havent' missed an episode yet. Tried Breaking Bad on Netflix and found it extremely boring.

Just invade you decide to also check out walking dead make sure to start from episode 1. Otherwise it wont make much sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)