DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

I haven't been interested in Zombies since I was a kid, and that was was a very long time ago. During the Summer I watched season 1 of TWD and truly enjoyed it. It's not so much the zombies but the characters that aren't. There are some great interactions in this program... I note that season 2 is now available on Netflix. Here goes Bobby!!! :)

They won't shed a significant amount of subs over Walking Dead until it's back and more realize they can't get it. AMC has done a good job PR-wise, but I'd think there's still many that won't make a move until they have to.

This dispute gets a fresh coat of negative media coverage in a week unless something surprising happens prior.

edit: timeframe wrong.

Last edited:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-million-total-viewers-on-night-three/136394/New York, NY, May 31, 2012 – Night three of HISTORY’s HATFIELDS & MCCOYS surpasses night one delivering 14.3 million total viewers making it the new #1 entertainment telecast of all time on ad-supported cable. It also averages 6.3 million Adults 25-54 impressions making it the #1 entertainment telecast on ad supported cable in 14 years. All three parts of the hit, scripted event rank as the top three entertainment telecasts of all time in ad supported cable history among total viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-million-total-viewers-on-night-three/136394/New York, NY, May 31, 2012 – Night three of HISTORY’s HATFIELDS & MCCOYS surpasses night one delivering 14.3 million total viewers making it the new #1 entertainment telecast of all time on ad-supported cable. It also averages 6.3 million Adults 25-54 impressions making it the #1 entertainment telecast on ad supported cable in 14 years. All three parts of the hit, scripted event rank as the top three entertainment telecasts of all time in ad supported cable history among total viewers.

Yeah, the person that brought it up called it the highest rated drama, H&M the highest rated 'entertainment telecast'.

Season 2 of the Walking Dead averaged 7m viewers for 13 episodes. So an episode of H&M is equivalent to 2 average WD episodes from last season.

The season 2 finale that broke cable records for a drama series, making is number 1 all time, hit 9 million.

meStevo said:
Yeah, the person that brought it up called it the highest rated drama, H&M the highest rated 'entertainment telecast'.

Season 2 of the Walking Dead averaged 7m viewers for 13 episodes. So an episode of H&M is equivalent to 2 average WD episodes from last season.

The season 2 finale that broke cable records for a drama series, making is number 1 all time, hit 9 million.

Well it certainly wasn't a comedy. But my apologies for having my terminology off. The point I was trying to make still stands.

I know this isn't your point but the 9 million is a little misleading. If you count the replay of TWD finale that night it was over 10.5+ million. Also if you take into account the watching from recorded media(DVR) which is one of the rating for major networks a couple days after the initial rating it was well over 11 million. TWD is right now on a roll. It is one if not the only comic book that has increased sales almost every issue. Right now comics are generally losing readers. It is also the only independent comic I can remember that sometimes out performs the major comics(Spiderman, Batman etc.) which is unheard of. Other series usually lose viewers over time but TWD has gained viewers which IMO is hard being a Zombie series. There is only so many people that would be interested in this type of show.

It's not just about the zombies.They just heighten the fear factor.It's really about a group of people all of them dysfunctional on top of it,trying to survive in a post apocalyptic world.The characters are what make the show.

Using the second airing is tricky however. When I was comparing AMC viewers to some USA network shows for instance during the middle of Dish dropping AMC, if you included the second airing USA had a higher total.

^ Yea and the same could apply to H and M.I didn't watch it until the following week on the dvr.

I know this isn't your point but the 9 million is a little misleading. If you count the replay of TWD finale that night it was over 10.5+ million. Also if you take into account the watching from recorded media(DVR) which is one of the rating for major networks a couple days after the initial rating it was well over 11 million. TWD is right now on a roll .

If you want to play that game, H & M has had approx 17M viewers. Include the encore presentation and that number goes to 24M. It is the most successful basic cable program ever in any category at any time if you play the numbers game like that.

Note, I am not saying WD isn't popular. I am just adding perspective.

If you want to play that game, H & M has had approx 17M viewers. Include the encore presentation and that number goes to 24M. It is the most successful basic cable program ever in any category at any time if you play the numbers game like that.

Note, I am not saying WD isn't popular. I am just adding perspective.

OK you win. I'm just saying TWD is really successful. It has more viewers then most of NBC programming and many of the other Network series. I do agree with you about H & M now after looking at the numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts