DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Any new news today? Charlie should be going on the stand "SOON" Cant wait to read his side of the story.

I'm going to assume Voom will be presenting their side for another week or so based on the sheer volume of evidence they submitted to the court, in conjunction with a motion for Voom to acquire access to documents Dish claimed as being privilege and Dish's subsequent appeal of the decision. There's nothing on the wire regarding this case so we'll all have to stay tuned.

I would submit that if Charlie doesn't find a way to settle, Dish themselves may soon be "The Walking Dead"!

They need to clean house with getting rid of their present management, and start over with a new mission statement promising to clean up their act over-all, and FOLLOW THROUGH!

I wonder how many cancellation calls dish will get this weekend? it looks like loyalty may have their hands full this weekend and maybe before the weekend.

Granted I am only one customer, but this is my drop dead week, I intend to switch to Direct this week. I waited for Dish as long as I could, but they have left me no choice.

AMC is not an obscure channel, it's mainstream and belongs in any basic cable/sate package. This situation is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Others obviously disagree, but I hold Dish to blame for this

I bet we see lots of full size newspaper ADs saying NEW episodes of the Walking Dead is on Sunday. If you have Dish you need to switch now as you cant watch it. Call now and get $xxx dollars extra for switching to anyone like Directv or Cable.

I looked at switching to Direct, but after the first years savings expire, I'd be paying almost $40 a month more than I'm paying now. No show is worth that amount of money.

I made the switch last week. I also waited as long as I could to give Dish a chance to get amc back on, but my wife does like The Walking Dead so to keep her happy I switched. It was strange having a DirecTv installer at the house when I got home from work installing Dish Network systems all day. So far I have not had any problems with Direct. I am hoping that it stays that way.

A Dish rep called me this weekend to see how the Roku was working for me and asked me if I was missing AMC. I said what I really will miss is the Walking Dead. she then said she would credit my account for the price of the season pass for this new season on AMC, which would provide commercial free access to the show the next day. I did not ask for a deal at all. I was presently surprised, and thought this was a smart customer service move and a good retention plan. Did anyone get this offer? I wonder what would have happened if I named more shows, however Walking Dead is all I care about. Smart move Dish, very smart.

Not that I thought any differently, but sure makes it sound like there is a chance AMC will be back soon. That chance, Zip, Zero, Nada. Even worse, maybe not even a Dish "Soon."

Not that I thought any differently, but sure makes it sound like there is a chance AMC will be back soon. That chance, Zip, Zero, Nada. Even worse, maybe not even a Dish "Soon."

You forgot Nil. :D I can only assume Dish has written off AMC and will be using the money they were spending on AMC/IFC/WE/Sundance to pay AMC...er, I mean Voom. We shall see.

You are right they are going to pay in that litigation. One way they will pay is by putting AMC/IFC/WE/Sundance back on again. All that remains to be determined is what amount of cash has to go along with that reinstatement. All the rest has been posturing. That is how big boys litigate.

Re: DISH Drops AMC Networks

I called today to switch to Direct so my wife could watch walking dead and was happy with the dish counter offer: roku, 10/mo discount for a year, and 3 months of all premium and multisport to match the direct offer. With that discount dish comes in at the same 2 yr price as DTV and DTV gets way more expensive after that. Wife gets her show commercial free with roku. I still want bein sport hd, though.

I called Dish today about TWD and they gave me another $35 credit for my Roku box (Just like with Breaking Bad). CSR also gave me my multi-sports pack for half price for the next 6 months. I don't want to switch because I love my hopper, and Dish is making it easy to stay.

1st or 2nd roku?

I'm not sure what you mean, but I only have 1 Roku. They gave me a $35 credit on my bill ... the idea being that I can go pay for a season of TWD on Amazon and play it on my Roku box. They gave me the Roku during the Breaking Bad premiere.

edit: Doh, almost as soon as I hit Post I realized you maybe meant 1st or 2nd generation Roku. It is a Roku 2 XD

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005CLPP8E/?tag=satell01-20

For anyone with a Roku, Vudu is now available on it and I strongly recommend using it to watch the Walking Dead, the HD picture is so much better then Amazons, full 1080P vs. Amazon's 720P for the same price, also DD+ for the sound, I believe Amazon is just DD or at best Pro Logic.

For anyone with a Roku, Vudu is now available on it and I strongly recommend using it to watch the Walking Dead, the HD picture is so much better then Amazons, full 1080P vs. Amazon's 720P for the same price, also DD+ for the sound, I believe Amazon is just DD or at best Pro Logic.

I just added the channel the other day.Got a $5.99 credit as well.I sampled Elementary as it was free and it looked great.

Does Vudu offer AMC shows next day as Amazon does?

I just added the channel the other day.Got a $5.99 credit as well.I sampled Elementary as it was free and it looked great.

Does Vudu offer AMC shows next day as Amazon does?

Yep.

Teehar said:
Sweet! Are the episodes the same price?

Yep.

$1.99 for SD
$2.99 for HD

$41.99 for the full Season in 1080P (we get 16 episodes this year instead of 13)

Also they have the first episode of the 1st season in 1080P for free if you want to check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)